Chapter Twenty One

"Are you done"? Charlotte asks, I groan while twisting the last piece of my hair.

"I can't get this last piece". 

"Here". she says, grabbing my hair lightly, curling it around the piece of hot metal. 

"thank you", I say smiling. 

"why are you so nervous"? 

"I don't know. I think I'm always nervous around Chase".

"you'll be fine". she laughs. 

There's a knock at the door and we both exchange looks. 

"There's your boyfriend". 

"Shut up". I mumble, walking to the door. 

"Hey". I say, looking at the most gorgeous man in front of me. 

"Hey". he smiles. 

"You ready? I don't have all day. I know girls take like 5 years to get ready". he says. 

Yep there's the Chase I know. 

"Yeah. I'm ready". I mumble. 

Chase walks me out to his car and we get going. 

"where are we going"? 

"A special place". he says, keeping his eyes on the road. 

"Also, I'm sorry about earlier". I say softly and he looks at me with a small confused look.

"You shouldn't be sorry. Vincent is a weird guy who can't keep a girlfriend. He should be saying sorry not you". 

"Why don't you have a girlfriend"?

"What do you mean"? 

"Like, your cute and smart, you obviously care about people. So why don't you have a girlfriend"? 

"Because I choose not too". he says lowly, turning into a parking lot. 

"Oh, Why-". I start to say before Chase cuts me off.

"Can you stop asking so many damn questions please". he mutters, getting out the car.

I follow him inside a coffee shop. It's not your normal coffee shop though. There's a small diner area and besides it there's a karaoke bar. 

"This place is so cool". 

"Yeah, I used to go here when I was still in high school. I had family out here so whenever my mom, dad and siblings would come out here this would be our last stop before heading home". Chase says, sitting down at one the tables. 

"Yeah, this place looks amazing. All the light and everything". I say, looking around at how beautiful everything looks.

The waiter comes up to both of us, asking for what drinks we want. 

"I'll take a lemonade please". I say politely as the waiter winks at me causing me slightly blush.

"I'll have a beer and a stop looking at my girlfriend please before I bust you in your mouth". Chase says, reading the menu slowly. 

"Chase"! 

"What. It's on the menu". he lightly chuckles. 

I roll my eyes and apologize to the waiter for how rude Chase was acting. 

"what was that for"? I asked Chase as the waiter walked away. 

Chase shrugs. 

"I don't know. It's fun to mess with people". 

I sigh, pulling out my phone to see a missed call from Sebastian. 

I call him back and he answers on the 4th ring. 

"Hey Seb". I say, giving him a cute nickname. 

"Hey I was wondering what are you doing tonight"? 

"UH, I'm currently having dinner with Chase why"? 

"Ooo Chase. So what, are you two a thing"?

"No Seb". I laugh. 

"Oh, well anyways I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight". 

"yeah, I'll see when I get back to the dorms and then I'll call you back". 

"Alright. Have fun". Sebastian says. 

"Thanks. I will. Bye". 

"who was that"? Chase asks. 

"Seb. He was wanting to hang out later tonight. I told him yes". 

"Oh okay". Chase says, leaning back in his chair.

"Can I ask you a question"? 

"What"? 

"Why does it bother you when I bring up Nessa"? 

"Why do you want to know"?

"I want to know what happened to make you this way". 

"You really want to know"? 

"Yes". I sigh. 

"I'll tell you when we head back to the dorm. I just want to enjoy our time here". he says, taking a sip of his beer. 

A few moment ago pass and chase unexpectedly stands up. I give him a confusing look and he smiles. 

"C'mon". he says, grabbing my hand, as I stand up. 

He leads me to the stage and motions for me to sit down.

He speaks to the Dj and and then shows me what song we're singing. 

"really Chase"? I ask giggling and he smiles, laughing after wards. 

"Boy toy named Troy used to live in Detroit
Big, big, big money, he was getting' some coins
Was in shootouts with the law, but he live in a palace
Bought me Alexander McQueen, he was keeping me stylish"

Chase starts to sing and I try hard to laugh at what sing he chose out of all of the songs. 

He points to me to start singing and I go all out. 

"Now that's real, real, real
One in my purse, 'cause I came dressed to kill
Who wanna go first? I had 'em pushing daffodils
I'm fly as hell, I got 'em thirsty, track and field
I'm on some dumb sh-"

Everyone's up on their feet, laughing and dancing to Chase and I. 

This moment I felt close to Chase and he seemed so Carefree. I knew he would come around at some point. Maybe I was the person to bring him out of his sadness. I hope I was because Chase was slowly becoming my Soulmate whether it was intended or not...

A/N 

I'm sorry for not posting yall i been busy working on music and my other books. It was my bday td so i was hella busy td but I wanted to give u guys more so here I am at 11;00 at night giving yall what u want <3 

Ps. Americas sweetheart acoustic version was like an angel to me i loved it so much <3 

Love you my lil huddsters <3