Chapter Twenty Nine

After Chase opened his gift I opened mine which was a pair of earrings that were gorgeous. Chase kept looking at the necklace the whole time. It was a small paper airplane to represent my grandfather who was a pilot. He's retired now, living alone in Florida.

"you ready to leave"? Chase asks, as we sit in the living room.

"Yeah". I smile.

"Alright, by dad, bye Uncle Shawn we're heading out". I say as both of them wave to both Chase and I.

Chase and I then walk out to see Chloe and Nick standing by Chloe's car holding hands.

"Hey Girl". Chloe smiles, as Chase and I approach.

"How are you and your little boyfriend"? she whispers in my ear teasingly as we both hug.

"he's not my boyfriend". I giggle.

"Okay". she rolls her eyes playfully.

"Hey you girls ready to go"?

"Yeah sure lets go". Chloe says as I smile at Chase. He smiles back slightly, as we all get in the car.

The ride to the movies everyone is silent except Chase and Nick. Their talking about sport or whatever while Chloe and I are listening to the music in the background.

Once we arrive Chase pulls me aside.

"You okay? You've been kind of quiet"?

"Yeah I'm fine". I mumble.

"Just making sure. You can always talk to me. You know that right"?

I nod as he smiles, patting me on the back before walking up to Nick.

We all walk in to the movie theatre, grabbing our food and tickets.

The whole movie Chase sat there watching the movie, but every now and then he would catch a glance at me.

Once the movie was over we all head to the mall and decide to walk into target first.

Chase grabs a hold of my hand and then smiles as we walk through the store.

Chloe gives me a look as I just roll my eyes playfully

We're walking through the isles when I notice a big stuffed dog on one of the shelf's. Chase must have noticed me staring because he laughed lightly.

"Do you want that"?

"No you don't have too". I say as he shakes his head.

"Just think of it as an early Christmas gift". He smiles, grabbing the puppy, putting it in the cart.

The whole time I'm smiling, looking at the adorable dog in the cart, while every now and then glancing at chase.

Once we grab everything we need we head out then back home.

"Hey, Isabella can we talk for a second". I hear nick say as Chase walks inside my house.

"Uh yeah". I say quietly, walking over to him.

"Take care of him". He sighs.

"Chase"?

Nick nods. "Yes. I haven't seen him this happy since Nessa. Make sure to not hurt him he's a very loving guy. You just have to get used to him".

"I know nick. I understand that he's a great guy and all but I'm not seeing it. I hate hobone minute he's the sweetest person and the next he's a devil". I sigh.

"Look. All I'm saying is give him a chance. You'll see soon how much he really cares about you". Nick says, patting my back before walking back to his car.

Chloe gets out the passengers seat and give me a hug. "I'm going to miss you. Do you really have to leave tomorrow"?

"Yes Chloe. I have to meet chases parents".

"Ugh. Fine. But tell chase he better take care of you or we'll have some issues". Chloe says, raising her eyebrows as I laugh lightly.

"Alright stay safe. Text me when you get out there". Chloe says, giving me one last hug.

I wave to both Chloe and nick before walking back inside.

"Chase"?

"In here"! I hear him yell from the living room.

He's watching friends on tv while holding the stuffed dog he got me earlier.

I sit next to him as he hands me the dog.

"What are we going to name him"? Chase asks, catching me off guard.

"What about Fluff"? I ask and he nods, smiling.

"I like that. Fluff".

"Fluff". I repeat smiling while holding the dog in my arms.