Chapter Forty One

"You ready sweetie?" My dad asks me as I nod slowly. 

We head into the car, and the whole car ride there, my dad, Uncle and I are silent.

Once we get there I see a familiar face outside the building. 

"What are you doing here?" 

"Your dad told me", he sighs. 

"Chase. Can't I just have peace? Today is my mothers funeral. The last person I want to see is you", I spit angrily, as I walk past him, into the church. 

I sit down, moments later I feel the presence of him again. Instead of starting an argument I keep quiet. 

The priest starts to talk while everyone around is wearing black, shedding tears. 

It's my turn to give a speech, before standing up Chase places his hand on my thigh. 

"I love you", he whispers. 

I get up, my paper in hand, I walk slowly to the front. 

"Hello. My name's Isabella Blaine for those of you who don't know me", I start to say. 

"My mother was the best mother anyone could ask for. She was so caring, sweet, and kind. She always made sure to lend a hand to whoever needed. She made sure it was possible for me to go to my dream school NYU. I've been there for almost a full year and I'm in love. I remember the night she helped me pack. She was so excited for me. She told me she was excited to see me graduate", I say, then tears start to come down my cheeks. 

"She won't get to now", I say, at this point bawling my eyes. 

"I'm sorry. I can't", I say before running off the stage, into the bathroom. I sit on the toilet and start crying even more. 

A few moments later the door opens, I look down to see the shoes of someone who is definitely not a woman. 

"Chase. Not now", I sigh. 

"Bella. we need to talk", he sighs. 

"Chase. What is there to talk about? You already told me what there is to tell", I say angrily. 

"Bella. We can't end like this", Chase cries out as I walk out of the stall. 

"What do you mean? You used me. Chase you know how bad that hurt. I looked like an idiot, but then again that was the whole point of this. Right? You wanted to see how easy it was to get in pants. Well, you did it. Aren't you happy", I cry, feeling angry as well. 

"Bella. I'm not going to argue with you. I just need another chance. Please", Chase pleads as I shake my head. 

"You don't understand do you? No Chase. I'm not going to take you back. You used me. You made me feel like a dirty piece of crap. You lied", I say as tears start to go down his cheek. 

"Bella I-", Chase starts to say before I cut him off. 

"Save it", I mutter angrily before walking out. 

I walk back into the main room where everyone is standing around talking to one another. Once I see my dad and Uncle I tell them I'm ready to go home. 

We head back to the house, as soon as we get there I go straight upstairs to my room. I look in my closet for pajamas when a cd falls from the top. It's labeled Bella.

I place it in my cd player, only to hear Chase's voice start to sing. It was an acoustic version of America's Sweetheart. 

I sit on the bed and grab one of Chase's hoodies he let me borrow. I then start to cry. Hearing the chorus really hurt. 

Once the song was over, I put in on repeat and curled into a ball, holding the hoodie in my arms. I loved Chase. I truly did, but I knew it was for the best for us to be apart. 

I guess in this situation he was the bad guy, while I'm America's Sweetheart...