Chapter Twenty Four

I woke up in Chase's arms once again. He was snoring softly, while his arms lay around me. 

I looked at his tattoos and smiled. His tattoos looked so cool. I kind of wanted to get one, but I didn't know what I would get. 

Chase stirs in his sleep, slowly opening his eyes, looking directly at me for a second. 

"you know it's not nice to stare at people". I smile, quoting him form what he told me a while back.

Chase chuckles, pulling me in a little closer. 

"What day is it"? 

"Thursday. We have class in about an hour". I whisper, tracing the ghost tattoo on his arm. 

"Ugh, I don't want to go". 

"Chase, you can't skip any more classes or you'll get dropped". 

"Your not my mother". Chase groans, giving me a small smile. 

I roll my eyes and he sits up looking at me. 

"Speaking of mom. What are you doing for Christmas break"? 

"Probably going to see my family why"?

"Well, I was thinking  that maybe you could meet my mom"?

"Like, as girlfriend and boyfriend"? I blurt out. 

"Yeah, like how we did with your mom. I just don't want my mom to still think of me as who I used to be". he mumbles. 

"Oh, um yeah. Of course". 

"Really? thanks Bella, I owe you one". he smiles, like a little kid on Christmas and walks towards the bathroom. 

Of course he meant 'fake' boyfriend and girlfriend. 

I slip out of bed and head to the door before noticing I still have his sweatshirt on. I turn around to see Chase standing against the door frame of the bathroom.

"You can keep it". he mutters softly. 

"Thanks. Sorry. I just want to go get ready for class". I say and he rolls his eyes, walking back in the bathroom without saying a word. 

I head back to my dorm where Charlotte and this guy are making out. 

"God Charlotte it's 7:00 in the morning". I groan as she looks at me, while the guy gets up and walks out the dorm. 

"What's got you all cranky"? 

"Chase. He's just so fucking confusing and it's annoying. One minutes he's in love me the next minute he's a stupid douchebag who has no feelings what so ever". 

"Chase is in love with you"? 

"You know what I mean Char. He wants me to meet his mom but not in the way I envisioned it". 

"Huh"? 

"So, for thanksgiving he pretended to be my boyfriend so my mom wouldn't find out about Vincent but now he wants me to be his pretend girlfriend when he sees his mom for Christmas".

"Well, maybe this will lead to you falling in love and having babies and living happily ever after". Charlotte suggests, shrugging her shoulders.

"Char, this isn't some Wattpad fanfiction where you hate one and another and then something unexpected happens that brings you too closer to then fall in love with each other. That's not how it works".

"You read Wattpad"? 

"ugh, Charlotte you are no help". I groan, walking out the door. 

From afar I see Sebastian and Avani along with Anthony. 

I walk over to them as Avani greets me with a hug and Anthony, Sebastian greet me with a small wave. 

"Avocado's are definitely fruits my guy". 

"They are vegetable you fucktard". 

I give Avani a questionable look and she shrugs. 

"I don't know they were fighting over whether an avocado was a fruit or vegetable, anyways what's up with you? You look disheveled". 

"Ugh, this whole Chase thing is annoying. He wants me to meet his mom but as his pretend girlfriend though". 

"what? that's fucked up man. I don't know what goes on through that boy's head sometimes. Just give him some time. He may not admit it right now because he's scared, but if he's falling for you, he'll tell you". 

"When"? 

"I don't know babes. If I'm being honest Anthony and I always weren't the perfect couple. When we first met he had a girlfriend and  I had a boyfriend. We were all bestfriend and soon we decided to break with our partners and get together. It was fucked up but him and I have been dating for 3 years now and couldn't be more happier". 

"Wow, I wish Chase would just come to his senses and realize that the girl he's looking for is right in front of him". I sigh, sitting down. 

"Hey, like I said he'll come around. Just give him some time. He's just scared because of what happened the first time. Nessa was his first and only girlfriend so basically he's just scared it'll happen again which I mean I can't blame him". 

"He seems like a really sweet guy but he's not letting his emotions out". 

"He's always been like that. Ever since his grandma passed his sophomore year of high school Chase has always been scared to show his emotions. Even Nessa couldn't sometimes get him to say what he was feeling and that would make her angry, which would make Chase feel like a bad boyfriend because he couldn't tell her certain things". 

Wow. He's been through a lot". I say softly. 

"Yeah definitely. Chase's grandma was so sweet. I grew up with Chase so sometimes him and I would be playing in the backyard and his grandmother would bring us freshly baked cookies and lemonade". 

"Aw, what happened to her"? 

"She had a heart attack. She passed away in her sleep though". 

"Aw, oh no". I say, my face looking a little saddened. 

"Yeah Chase was really close to his grandma. Actually closer to her than his mom. That's why when his dad passed away he was upset because that was his dad's mom. So losing his father hurt more because that was his only way of feeling like he was still close to her". 

"I feel so bad for Chase. He's had it rough". 

"Yeah. He'll get around. Just got to give him some time. I'm going to go to my first period because it takes quite a while to get there but if you need me girl just text me". she smiles, giving me a hug. 

"Thank you Avani". I smile, hugging her back as she then grabs Anthony's hand and they walk away together. I wanted something like they had. They were honestly the cutest couple I had seen. 

"You want me to walk you to your class"? Sebastian asks. 

"Yeah". I smile, feeling a little bit better because now I know why Chase was the way he is. 

I hope Avani was right. 

I hope Chase will come around...