Chapter Twenty Three

I wait until Charlotte is knocked so I can go out to sneak and see Jaden. 

When I finally step out the dorm I get a text. 

Jaden: where are you? It's 12:00

Me: Give me a sec I just stepped out the dorm

Jaden: K. Hurry up.

I roll my eyes, making sure to rush out the door and through the campus without looking like an idiot, running through the campus at midnight. 

 I walk through the  halls and open areas over to the pond and I don't see Jaden yet. 

I call him but he doesn't pick up as then a moment later I hear his deep voice. 

"C'mon. Let's get this over with".  he says, sitting down. 

 "so, when did it all happen"? 

"Started off in freshman year. I'm pretty sure he told you the whole story of how he met Nessa right and what she did"? 

I nod my head, he nods his in return. 

"Okay so what he didn't tell you was after Thomas was in a coma, Chase was messed up. He started to drink and became an alcoholic. I'm surprised he even made it into college with the record he had. Anyways Chase and I met through Nessa so of course we all used to be good friends at this point. After the falling out with Nessa he came crying to me so of course I was there for him". Jaden takes a second to take a puff form his cigarette that he had as soon as I arrived. 

"He would always cry to me and tell me that he missed her so they actually ended up getting together beginning of their college freshman year. Her sister came into town during the summer before this and Chase ended up sleeping with Nessa's sister. That's why Nessa said once he gets what he wants he leaves. She was referring to him getting revenge on her for what she did with Thomas". 

"That's it"? 

"Yep". 

"Jaden. Step away from her". I hear a voice call out, I couldn't see who it was because it was sort of dark and all I could see was a silhouette. 

"I didn't do anything". Jaden mumbles, lowly. 

The silhouette comes closer and I see it's Chase. 

"Chase"? 

"I was going to tell you. Why couldn't you just have waited"? Chase says, his voice sounding softer than usual. 

"You r-ran off yesterday Chase. You never answered the question. You told me that I had to leave". 

Chase sighs. 

"Just stay away from Jaden alright". 

"Please. Why Chase. Why should I stay away? I've been hearing the same damn thing about you for the past couple weeks. 'Be careful, he dangerous'. Just stop embarrassing yourself. I know the truth and what Jaden has possibly done can't be worse than you". 

"He killed my father". Chase says lowly while Jaden looks away with a look of sadness. 

"I didn't mean too". Jaden says. 

"Bullshit. You knew it was him". 

"Jaden what is he talking about"? 

Jaden sighs. "I thought Chase's dad was this gun man who had been after my father for a while. I thought it was him because all I saw was the silhouette. Chase I've told you sorry many times". 

"It just hurt man. I was really close to him". 

"I'm sorry. I know we were really close and I fucked it up. But aye, I got an exam tomorrow morning so I should get going". Jaden says, hugging Jaden and I. 

"And aye man, take care of her". Jaden smiles, while Chase rolls his eyes playfully. 

Jaden walks off and Chase looks at me, then is quickly to look away. 

I shiver a little and Chase looks at me again. 

"C'mon let's go back to my dorm. I have a hoodie for you there". Chase says softly.

I smile as we walk to his dorm room in silence. 

For a moment I was able to enjoy the time with Chase without arguing. It made it harder for me to not fall for him...