Chapter Twenty Eight

After last night I was confused. What did Chase meant by he loved me? 

It was 3:00 in the morning and I was lying in my bed thinking about all the reasons as to why Chase told me he loved me. 

In 2 days Chase and I were supposed to go see his parent's and I was nervous. We weren't only lying to his parent's, but mine as well.

I liked Chase a lot, but there were so many wrong things with it. He didn't know how to love. How could I love someone who doesn't even know how to love. 

Love isn't supposed to be complicated. 

Love is supposed to make you happy. 

As I'm thinking, I hear the door open. I look over to see Chase. In his hand he's holding the bear I gave him. 

"I couldn't sleep. Do you mind if I sleep with you"? 

"Uh, Yeah sure". I say softly. 

He walks towards me as I scooch over. 

"I'm sorry about earlier". Chase says softly. 

"It's alright. Just promise me you'll tell me soon"? 

"I promise". 

"pinky"? I ask, turning over to face him. He smiles, holding his pinky out, linking it with mine. 

"Pinky". 

"Three little butterflies". I whisper, starting to trace the small butterflies. 

"you like my butterflies don't you"? Chase laughs as I nod. 

"I want to get tattoos I just don't know of what though". 

"I'll go with you". Chase says softly. 

"Really"? 

"yeah, we'll go when we get back to school. I'll set up an appointment". 

"aw I'll be scared though". I say softly. 

He holds my hand. 

"I'll be there every step of the way". he whispers, kissing my hand. 

"Thank you". I smile. He gives me a small one before closing his eyes. 

  My phone rings the next morning causing me to shoot up out of the sleep. 

"hello". I say groggily. 

"Girl, what are you doing today, Nick and I thought it would be fun to hang out"? 

"Uh, yeah. I'll see if Chase wants join. What time"? 

"how about 2:00"? 

"Perfect. See you then". 

"Alright, bye girly". 

"bye Chloe". 

"Mmm who was that"? Chase asks, groaning, rolling over to my side. 

"Chloe she want's to hang out later today at Two. Nick is coming also". 

"come here". Chase whines. 

"What do you mean dork? I'm right here". I laugh. 

"Closer". he whispers softly. 

"what"?

"Closer". he whispers, pulling me closer to him. 

A few hours later I feel someone lightly shaking me. 

"Mm what"? I mumble. 

"get up, we got to get ready". Chase says. 

"Okay, I'm coming". I groan, dragging my lazy body out of bed. 

I get dressed and meet Chase downstairs where he's talking with my father and Uncle Shawn about something.

"Hey Honey". my dad greets me as I walk into the kitchen. 

"Hey dad". 

I walk past him and grab a cup, pouring coffee in it afterwards. 

"So what are you kiddos up too today"? Uncle Shawn asks.

"We're going to hang out with Chloe and Nick". I say as Uncle Shawn nods.

"Oh, sweetie, since you and Chase are leaving tomorrow I wanted to give you both your gifts". My dad smiles handing Chase and I small boxes.

"You didn't have too Mr.- ". Chase begins to say before My dad cuts him off. 

"Trust me. You make my daughter happy. It's the least I can do".

Chase smiles, opening the gift. 

"What is it"? I ask, leaning over towards Chase. 

He holds up a necklace. Not just just any necklace but my grandfathers necklace. 

My grandfather wore that necklace for 50 years. He met my grandma and she gave it to them on their first date. He never took it off after that. 

"It's my fathers. He gave it to me when I first met your mother. Now I pass it to you". 

"T-thank you". Chase mumbles. 

Chase looks at it, then takes a look at me. 

This would be the part where I would say I love you but I couldn't. He didn't know how.