Chapter Thirty Nine

"What do you mean Vincent? Did Vincent do this too you?" I ask, standing up. 

"I-", Chase starts to say before tearing up. 

"Chase. Tell me what happened", I demand as he takes a breath in. 

"I think I hurt him", he says quietly. 

"Chase. What do you mean?" 

"So I went out to make the call and he saw me. He told me he wanted to talk to me, so I went over to his room. He punched me and told me to stay away from you. So, I punched him back and he hit his head against the wall. He's not breathing and I'm scared", Chase says, practically shaking. 

"It's okay", I shush him, rubbing his back. 

"where is he right now?" I ask as he shrugs. 

"It'll be okay", I say softly shushing him, when there's a knock on the door.

Chase and I exchange looks. 

I get up, walking over to the door, twisting the knob slowly. I open the door to see two officers standing there.

"Uh, hi officers. May I help you with something?" I ask as they both exchange looks, before walking in. 

"We're looking for Chase Hudson", one of them says as Chase slowly appears behind the bathroom door. 

"We need to ask you a few questions. Could you come with us?" the officer says as Chase nods, looking at me. 

The two officers head out, waiting for Chase as Chase comes close to me. 

"I love you", he whispers, before kissing my cheek, then he walks out with both officers. 

I sit on the bed and smile. He said he loves me. Is it too early? The only time he said he loved me was after we did it.

Maybe I was just overthinking. I feel like I loved him too. I said it back to him once, but that was it. My mother always told me I would know, and I'm pretty sure I was in love with him. 

I grab my phone and tell Charlotte that I would staying the night at Chase's until We get everything figured out. 

I decided to lay down in his bed and watch a movie. 

Hour had gone by and Chase still wasn't back. It was 12:00, so I figured he would be back in the morning. I curled under the covers and fell into a deep sleep. 

What felt like moments later I felt a dip in the bed. 

"What time is it?" I mumble. 

"3:00, I'll tell you what happened later babe. Get some rest babe", Chase whispers, kissing my cheek. 

After hours later, I awake from the bright sun shining in my eyes. 

Chase was lightly snoring, he was shirtless, and his hair was a mess. He looked so good sleeping. Not to be weird, but I was lucky to be with Chase. He was honestly the best. 

I go to grab my phone when Chase's phone lights up. 

Being curious, I look to see who it was, my eyes widen in shock. 

Nessa? 

Why would they be texting? I thought they had bad history. 

I decided to be more nosy and see what she had said.

Nessa: Thanks for last night ;)

What the actual fuck. 

I grab my phone and head towards the door, when I hear a raspy voice behind me. 

"Babe? Why are you leaving? It's only 7:00. You don't have class for a while", Chase groans, rubbing his eyes.

Right now I should have brought up the whole Nessa situation, but I didn't. I didn't have time for arguing. I just wanted to let my mind rest for a minute and let everything process. 

"Uh, Charlotte w-wants me b-back", I stutter, trying to come up with a good excuse, but fail miserably. 

"At 7:00 in the morning? She's usually sleep by now", Chase says, frowning. 

"Well, she needs help, putting a table together", I say as Chase laughs at me. 

"Babe? Are you okay? You're acting strange?" Chase laughs, walking towards me, giving me a hug. 

"Yeah. I'll see you later. I got to go", I say before he can kiss me. I head out the door and quickly as I can towards my dorm. 

Once I get there I sit on my bed, sighing of relief. 

Chase was right, Charlotte is sleep. She on her bed in a weird position, snoring loudly. 

I sit on my bed for a moment, trying to process what the message meant. Chase went with the officers last night, then hung out with Nessa? What were they doing? As I was thinking there was a knock on my door. 

I get up and open it, to see Chase standing there. 

"H-hey Chase", I stutter, trying to close the door, so he wouldn't see Charlotte sleeping. 

"C'mon Bella. What's up?" 

"What do you mean? everything's fine", I say, crossing my arms. 

"No your not fine. Tell me", Chase huffs. 

I step outside the dorm room and sigh. 

"I saw the message", I say softly as Chase frowns. 

"what message?" 

"The one Nessa sent you", I say as Chase sighs. 

"Why were you going through my shit?" he asks angrily. furrowing his eyebrows. 

"Why were you texting your ex girlfriend? Besides, I thought you two had a bad past?" 

"ex's can't be friends?" he asks. 

"Chase. You hit her. She's stupid for being friends with you", I spit out instantly regretting what I had said. 

"Can you let that go Bella?! That was a long time ago. I've changed. Obviously you don't believe so", Chase mumbles, a tear trickling down from his cheek.

"Look, I'm sorry I ever said anything", I mumble as he looks at me, wiping the tear away from his eye. 

"I'm going to go. Let me know when you're ready to talk", Chase says softly. 

"Okay. I'm sorry. I love you", I say as he just looks at me with a blank expression. He walks away slowly as I sigh, walking back into the room. 

Charlotte is up, on her phone of course. 

"Were you eavesdropping?" I ask as she looks at me, fake gasping. 

"Do I look like the type to eavesdrop?" she asks, sounding offended as I give her a glare. 

"Alright. Maybe I was a little. Only because you two were talking pretty loud, and it woke me up", she shrugs as I sigh. 

"I just don't know what I'm going to do. We've been dating for not even a month and I messed it up". 

"Hey. You'll be fine. Besides, we're all having lunch together so you can talk to him then. It'll be fine", Charlotte reassures me as I smile. 

Charlottes words 'It'll be fine' did not age well. Currently I was sitting with Sebastian, Charlotte, Chase, Nick, and Nessa. 

Nessa and Chase kept making joke and when I didn't understand them, Nessa said that I didn't understand because they were inside jokes. 

"I need to go to the bathroom", I mutter, getting up while Chase looks at me, his face a little saddened. 

I stand in the bathroom for 5 minutes until I get the courage to walk back out. 

I walk out the bathroom, to see something so bad that my heart dropped and sank to the floor. 

"Chase...how could you"....