Chapter Fourteen

Chase and I head downstairs, not saying a word to each other. 

"Honey can you help me set the table up"? my mom asks and I nod, walking into the kitchen. 

"He's a quiet one". my mom says laughing, as I laugh along with her. He's quiet because he's not really my boyfriend. 

Once the tables all set up, Chase sits next to me and my mom gives him a warm smile. 

"So, Chase. What are your intentions with my sweet Isabella"? my dad asks as my mom then almost chokes on her water.

"Honey. You can't just ask him that first". My mom scolds my dad, he rolls his eyes as Chase lightly chuckles. 

"Um. My intentions with your daughter are to care for her and someday marry her". Chase fake smiles and gives me a look as I then lightly smile towards my parents. 

"Aw he's so sweet". my mom whispers to my dad. If only she knew what's been going on for the past few months. 

"What grade are you in Chase"? 

"I'm a sophomore ma'am". Chase says politely, taking a bite of the baked chicken my mom had fixed.

"Oh wonderful. What high school did you go to"?

"Mom. Chase isn't a criminal. Stop interrogating him so much". I mumble, taking a bite of my food and she rolls her eyes. 

"It's fine really". Chase replies to me, making me roll my eyes.

"I want to Colville High". 

"really! That's where our sweet Isabella went". my mom says excitedly and I huff listening to them carry on the conversation. 

Mid-Way I hear my mother bring up him so I walk out the room leaving Chase confused. 

I go upstairs and shut the door only to hear a knock moments later. 

"Izzy? Are you in here"? 

"Go away Chase". 

"Izzy what's wrong".

"Don't call me that". I groan and he manages to open the door. Standing in the door frame is Chase and he seems to be holding the spare key to my bedroom. 

I look at him and he walks over to me, sitting next to me on the floor at the foot of my bed. 

"what's wrong"? 

"Nothing". I mumble. 

"bullshit Isabella. Something obviously pissed you off to make it where you stormed up here. Now tell me". 

"It's him. She brought him up and she knows I hates it".

"Who's him"? 

"My brother. Or should I say one of them". I sigh and Chase furrows his eyebrows at me. 

"He was only 19". I mumble on the verge of tears. 

"what happened"? 

"She killed him. His son of a bitch girlfriend Killed him". 

Chase continues to give me a confused look and I huff. 

"My brother had this girlfriend. Her name was Alexia. They were honestly the cutest couple. She got along with the family and we got along perfectly with her". 

I pause taking a gulp as Chase rubs my back lightly. 

"One day she wanted to go to a party and he wouldn't let her go unless he came because he wanted her to be safe. They go to the party fine. Until I get a call from her. She said there was a shooting and he was one of them who was shot. They took him to the hospital but...It was too late. He didn't make it". I say now bursting into tears and Chase has a look of sadness wiped across his face. 

"I was 15". I say almost out of breath from crying. 

"wait. You said you had another brother"? 

"Yes. He passed away when he was 2. He had a lot of health problems".

"I'm sorry". Chase whispered, pulling me close to him. 

At that moment all I wanted, was to stay in Chase's arms forever...

A/n 

that was so sad writing but heres ur update :) 

my other chase hudson book will be uploaded tmr im going to try publishing a lot of chapters consistently :)

Let me know if your liking this book so far thx so much for the support i love all of you :)

<3- Nycole