Epilogue

(A/N: THIS IS IT!)

: * : * :

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

{The Months Following Jessica's Arrest}

Mr Carrigan was brought in only a few hours after Jessica. He was immediately arrested and charged with an array of serious offences. He was sentenced a few weeks later. 34 years he was going to spend in prison, when he was released he would be 70. You know if he wasn't dead before than. Half his life is going to be spent in a cell.

When the officer turned up on his door step he flipped shit. That didn't help anything.

I guess its good he will be away for such a long time, because its blatantly obvious Jessica is a dead woman walking.

Logan, well he got off fairly lightly. He was 16, the court said he was just an accessory. He had to serve two tears in juvenile detention, but no real jail time. Just a whopping big fine. But of course, Logan being Logan tried to bargain his way out of that as well, unsuccessfully by the way.

The rest of the people involved had varied sentences. Some years upon years, some months, some even got out on bail.

Some fled the country once they heard Jessica had been caught.

Josh did have a funeral. But no one went. Except Beau. Not even his own Dad turned up. Or any of his 'friends'. For whatever reason. Maybe they didn't even know? Or maybe they just didn't care. Or maybe they had already heard what had happened. Jessica begged them to let her attend, but it was no use. So the aisle stayed empty at the cemetery. Just Beau and the priest. The priest had asked midway if it was worth even continuing. Beau insisted he should finish the funeral. Beau did hate Josh, he wasn't going to lie. Look what's happened because of him? But deep down he was always like his brother. And Beau will always have the regret of not fixing things properly with him.

Ex Senior Constable Miller was found guilty of the possesion of a methamphetamine. Rosco Miller was investigated and found to be corrupt. It was revealed that he covered up the murders caused by Josh and Jessica included. He swiftly was stripped of his police duties and sent to 28 years and 9 months in prison with the chance of a good behavior bond after 20 years behind bars. He was however never aloud to return to the police force, and when he was released he would be deported form the NSW state. If he was charged with anything, even something as minor as a parking fine he was at risk of returning to jail or paying a hefty fine.

South High was immediately closed for further investigation. The police needed to see if any other crime was being committed. No further arrests were made.

Jessica's closest friends dispersed. Tia, Emily, Tayla and Jack. Emily dropped out of school, she barley use to turn up anymore anyway. Jack moved to the local Catholic school and Tayla moved down to Bathurst with her mum, they mutually agreed to break up. Anyway they were never going to work out, they both had others on their mind in the end. Sad really. Tia stayed at South High once in reopened. They were all separate now, Jessica as well.

Beau, no one really knew about Beau. After Josh died and Jessica was taken away, he became quiet and reserved. Definitely not the loud, funny guy he use to be. He stopped caring, caring about himself. Beau felt sorry for himself one minute, then furious at himself for thinking it. Was he dead? No. Was he rotting in a jail cell? Nope. But god he missed Jess, he missed Jess alot. How long was she going to be there for? Years? Her whole life?

He never even told her how he felt. He always just passed it off as nothing, torturing her in the beginning. Then she forgot him and fell hard and fast for Josh.

Josh murdered alot of people, after Mr Carrigan was arrested he told the cops all of them. He was so blinded by rage, so angry at the world he spilt it all. All of them had a group memorial. All of then getting the respect they deserved. The likes of which included Samuel, and even Darcy, who Jessica had killed. The service was packed, alot of family and friends of the victims, but also alot of sticky beaks just trying to get news on the story. This was the biggest news story in Grafton ever. It made national news, and was even global for a short period of time.

But was that really not to be expected? How often is an underground drug organization discovered under the science lab of a Australian rural high school?

Lets think about it. That's right! Never before has the world heard such a story.

Jessica. What did happen to Jessica? Her trial was just a few weeks after her initial arrest. The judge was harsh, she was to be sent to juvy then 23 years of prison. No parole options. Her life was completely ruined. She broke down in court. That night she cut again, it the exact same spot, the exact same marks were again bleeding.

Someone found her, again she was taken to the infirmity.

Her lawyer put in an appeal the next morning.

She had a retrial a week later. Her lawyer made Jess plead insanity.

She complied.

The judge looked at all the scars in her arms, concluding she would be mentally unfit for jail and was hereby committed to the RBWH Mental Health Facility in Brisbane.

She was formerly diagnosed with self mutilation and stage 3 depression.

And to think she was only 16.

Look where she has ended up. Look how her story is to end.

"They tell us that it is the greatest piece of cowardice... that it is wrong; when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in the world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person."

: * : * :

- Vote / Comment / Share -

(A/N: HOLY FUCKEN MOTHERFUCKER SHIT FUCK. ITS DONE ITS OVER. MY FIRST BOOK DONE. DONE. Wow wow wow. The feels rn. I'm so sad, yet happy at the same time.

I can't believe its actually over though. Good job Bec you didn't drag it out for 99 chapters. )