chapter twenty-two

"i love you jisung."

"what was that min?" jisung asked, not being able to hear what the older had said due to his face being smothered into the younger's chest.

minho only shook his head, "nothing." he mumbled, "goodnight."

"night min~" jisung sang, pressing a small kiss on minho's head. he readjusted himself a little bit to be more comfortable before closing his eyes and falling asleep quite quickly.

the older bit at his lip and looked up at jisung's, now sleeping, face. he raised one of his hands to gently caress jisung's cheek. "why do you make me feel this way?" he whispered to himself as he admired jisung's soft features. "i never thought i'd be able to feel like this for anyone... but yet, here you are. i didn't think i was capable of these feelings, but clearly i am since i can't stop myself from loving you..."

minho sighed softly, wrapping his arms around jisung's waist, digging his face into the younger's chest. he felt so warm and safe there. finally, a real sense of safety washed over his body.

and he was able to fall asleep peacefully, in the arms of the boy he had come to love.

after minho had clearly fell asleep, jisung opened one of his eyes to peak at minho.

he had heard the older's words, and was honestly in pure shock.

for one, he had never been told that he was loved by someone romantically. secondly, it was so sudden that he wasn't sure if it was just in the moment or if minho really meant it. and third of all, minho had just uttered words that jisung never thought he'd hear from the older.

jisung had panicked and just pretended he hadn't heard the older. because what if it really was in the moment? and what if minho really didn't mean it.

these thoughts were enough to keep him up all night, but also enough to exhaust his mind.

he settled on clearing his mind and just focusing on the small snores coming from minho. and that was enough to make him join minho in a deep sleep.

TW- ptsd/ childhood trauma/ statutory r@pe

"it's okay.. you'll like it.." she whispered, her smiling becoming more and more taunting.

"see? doesn't that feel nice..." blurry vision was beginning to surround him.

"shh shh, don't fight it.." the cries that never got to anyones ears, no matter how loud he screamed out.

"shut up!" a harsh burning feeling against his cheek, followed by a sharp pain against his back.

"be a good boy." the coldness incasing him as the loneliness crept in and surrounded him like wild fire in the middle of a forest.

'help... somebody please... just help me! please!'

'help! help! i can't take this!' he tried to scream louder but the darkness subsided his screams into whispers.

'i beg you... stop please..'

'help.. anyone... please' sobs were his only comfort or friend.

"HE-LP!!" minho shot up from the bed, screaming out. jisung automatically sitting up along with him from being awaken by sudden screams.

"min?" jisung asked shakily, going to caress minho's back. the older flinched, scooting away from the touch.