chapter thirty

unedited

jisung shifted in his seat uncomfortably. one reason being the stinging pain that was shooting from his behind up his back, and the very very tense atmosphere around him.

he was currently in the most awkward situations you could ever imagine. right in front of him was the first man he ever fell in love with who broke his heart.. while the man beside him was the man he was currently in love with and ready to make big commitments with. but now that the past man has showed up... it feels complicated.

"soo, i'm guessing jisung has told you about how we know each other?" jae sat back in his seat, taking a drink from his water glass.

minho hummed, nodding his head with an expressionless face, "yes. old high school friends, right?"

"you could say that." jae shrugged, looking over at jisung who quickly avoided any eye contact.

jisung's leg began to bounce, making the pain in his lower half a lot worse but the pain was a good distraction. he was now regretting not taking some type of pain relief medicine before they had left. he was also regretting even coming in the first place. he should've just stayed in the office and rested, like what minho offered. but nope, jisung wanted to go.

he felt like he had something to prove or something? like maybe rubbing it in jae's face that jisung was now with a super hot ceo. but wouldn't that be unfair to minho? maybe then minho would feel used? maybe feel like some sort of rebound? so jisung wasn't sure why the hell he was here.

minho could jisung's bouncing leg right next to his. he lowered his hand, resting it on the boys thigh. jisung tensed for a second from the sudden touch but quickly relaxed once knowing who it is.

minho began to rub small circles on jisung's thigh to sooth the youngers nerves. jisung lowered his hand too, taking ahold of minho's, interlocking their fingers and holding on tightly.

the elder was taken aback from how tight jisung was squeezing his hand. minho now felt bad that he didn't just make jisung stay, but he didn't want to be that type of boyfriend. jisung should be able to do whatever he'd like, and that's why minho let him come. but if he had known that keeping jisung at the office was better for the younger, and protecting him; minho would've never let jisung out of that office.

"soo, how long have you been together?" jae said suddenly, setting his drink down.

"excuse me?" minho looked over with a confused expression.

"you two. how long have you been dating?"

"uhm." minho cleared his throat, "that's really none of your business and thats pretty unprofessional of you to ask at a business meeting." minho cocked his head to the side, observing jae with intense eyes.

jae chuckled, "right. my bad. i just thought since you guys are openly being so close, i could ask such question."

minho and jisung looked at each other before looking at the none existent space between them. jisung blushed before scooting away and also taking his hand away from minho's. "there." he said bluntly.

jae hummed, looking between them. for some reason, he didn't like what he had seen. and he was happy that they finally put some space between them... for professional purposes.

"can we continue?" minho said, motioning for jae to look through the menu so they could order food and begin their meeting.

"of course." jae looked up, snapping at a waitress to come take their order.

a girl with short blonde dyed hair came over, looking quite timid. you could tell she was quite shy and probably was a newby.

"w-what can i get for you guys today?" she asked politely in a small voice. jae motioned over to jisung to go first.