chapter twenty-six

unedited

"what about him? does he make you uncomfortable?" minho exclaimed with panic. he had never seen jisung like this and he was scared shitless. what should i do? what should i do? was on constant repeat in his mind.

jisung shook his head, leaning forward and falling against minho's chest. the older automatically moved his arms around the younger to hold him. "shh shh, it's okay my love.. calm down. everything is alright."

minho led them to sit down on the couch. he kept his arms firmly around jisung's small frame to make sure the boy was feeling warmth and comfort.

he waited patiently, whispering sweet and calming things into jisung's ear as the younger caught his breath. jisung's cries turned into small sniffles. the younger nuzzled into minho's chest, taking in the olders scent as much as he could to calm himself.

"baby.. are you okay?" minho asked hesitantly.

jisung nodded his head enough for minho to feel it on his chest. he then sat up and looked to the older briefly before looking down. "you should probably get going.. you don'y want to make him wait any longer for your lunch."

"but- i can't just leave you here like this.." minho scooted closer, taking ahold of jisungs hand and kissing the back of it.

"it's okay min, really.. and i need to think and arrange my mind. that's going to mean some alone time, alright?" jisung smiled sadly but with reassurance.

minho thought for a second, not wanting to leave the boy, but its what jisung wanted. "alright... but you call me if you need me and i will be here in seconds. okay?"

"okay min." jisung chuckled, trying to hide the pain in his chest that had not yet receded.

"i love you." minho stood up and kissed jisung's forehead.

"i love you too." jisung smiled softly.

minho smiled and landed a kiss onto jisung's lips, right before heading out of his office. leaving jisung alone to be with his thoughts.

jisung ended up actually locked up in his little office, completely ignoring minho. he decided he'd beed the whole day to really think things through. it was so sudden and now he felt like he owed minho an explanation. so he spent the whole day wrapping his head around what happened and who he saw, and how he was going to explain it to his boyfriend.

and it was now nearing the end of the day. minho wanted to keep the date night plans they made earlier. he thought it would be a good idea for jisung to mellow out and have a nice evening together.

so when the clock hit the time for the day to end, he heard the lock click to jisung's office. and soon the smaller walked out with puffy cheeks and red eyes, probably from the on and off mental break down he's been going through all day.

minho gave a sympathetic smile while he stood up from his desk to walk over to the younger, "hey baby."

"hey min.." jisung whispered in a shy voice.

"are you ready to go on our date?" minho asked, rubbing the pad of his thumb under jisung's eye.

jisung nodded softly with a small smile decorating his face. it made minho feel a lot better that jisung was able to crack even the smallest smile, although he was clearly hurting.

"alright. let's go baby." minho smiled softly, grabbing his things and heading out with his hand intertwined with jisung's.

they rode on the elevator in silence. minho wasn't sure what to say. like what if he said or asked the wrong thing? and then it turned into jisung getting mad about it. and then jisung was worried that minho was going to be the one mad. he had spent the whole day over thinking every possible scenario. like he had a whole mental breakdown over another man, wouldn't minho be upset by that? and what about when he tells minho how they know each other? what will he think?