chapter twenty-seven

(here's my puppy, lucy, to hold your hand through this chapter ❤️)

this font is what jisung is thinking while telling minho.

"this font with quotations around it, is what he is telling minho."

"i-i met jae.. when i was a freshman in high school. he was a senior and was the captain of the lacrosse team." jisung began his story. all these memories flooding back in like he was reliving them again. "we had met in the library. i was trying to reach a book on the shelf i couldn't reach..."

*flash back*

jisung's pov;

just a little further, i reached out as far as i could, trying to grab the book that had caught my eye. my finger was just light grazing the top of it, making it topple back and forth.

dang it, it's going to hit me in my face if i keep doing this... and as if i jinxed myself, the book began to lean forwards beyond my control. i braced for impact, putting one of my arms over my head for protection. but no pain or force ever hit me. i slowly moved my arm away to see a taller male standing over me, holding the book over my head.

"that was a close one." he chuckled with a smirk.

gosh, that smirk. that smirk that lead to everything. that stupid smirk that matched his stupid brown orbs. the orbs that made me fold under one second of eye contact. it was the weakness that lead to stupid actions and a broken heart.

"right.. uhm, t-thank you.." i lowered my head, slowly taking the book from him. i brought it up to my chest and held it there tightly like my life depended on it.

and when i tried to walk away, he grabbed onto my arm to hold me back, "wait!... um, what's your name?" he scratched the back of his neck, looking at me with soft eyes.

"j-jisung.... han jisung." i said timidly after a few moments of building up my courage to even speak.

the man in-front of me made me nervous. i could clearly see his name written in nice print on his letterman jacket. and just from that, i knew he was probably one of the popular boys that would usually bully me. i wanted to get out of there and away from him before he would hurt me or degrade me with harsh words.

"hello jisung. i'm jae." he smiled, actually kindly and sincerely.

"h-hello." i squeaked out as i saw him step closer to me, resulting in me taking a step back. "p-please don't hurt me.." i pleaded.

jae stopped and looked at me with furrowed eyebrows, "why would i do that?"

"y-you guys always do.." i looked down, beginning to feel small. i could see out of the corner of my eye; jar raising his hand above my head. i cowered away, thinking i was going to be hit. but instead, a gentle touch rested on-top my head. he ruffled my hair lightly, making me peak up at his face.

i made eye contact with his gorgeous features. he had a button nose with black hair that fell over his forehead. his eyes were a dark brown with small sparkles in them from the lighting cascading down into them. his skin was faire and his lips were pink and glossy from either licking them or a recent application of chapstick. he was simply gorgeous.

"i won't ever hurt you." he said softly with a small smile.

"i wish i could've seen the mischief behind it. i wish my mind could've seen through him at that time and known what everything was going to lead to."