3

P E Y T O N

After changing and putting on some makeup, I wait in my room for a text from Cleo. She doesn't text me until about 3 in the afternoon that she's at my house.

Yes I waited hours for her to come to my house. She tends to be late to everything.

I remember my brother is down stairs with his "partner" who absolutely despised Cleo. And I hate to say it but for good reason.

My brother and Cleo have a weird relationship. Considering the fact that they are inlove with eachother and my brother is married, I would definitely continue to call it weird. Me and Xavier have known Cleo since middle school. The moment Xavier laid eyes on Cleo he was hooked.

As I walk into the living room I see them talking closely and smiling at each other flirtatiously

"Hey Cleo ready to go?" I say interrupting their conversation.

"Can we stay here instead?" She says giving me knowing eyes. I sigh and just nod. She just wants to be in the same building as him. She didn't care if they don't get to talk.

"Sure lets go hangout in my room so Xavier and Tessa can have some alone time." I say smirking at my brother. He must've forgotten his wife was sitting right next to him. Cleo rolls her eyes at me and follows me to my room.

As soon as I close the door to my room, I see Cleo pouting with an annoyed look on her face.

"You know he wants to divorce her right?" Cleo says sitting on the couch in front of my bed and turning on the tv. I sit next to her and put my feet up.

"He's afraid she will try and ruin the family or take our fathers money." I scoff.

Although this fact is true, I wish my brother would divorce Tessa. She's using him for something and he knows it. And I don't want him to be labeled as a cheater, or Cleo a homewrecker.

"Speaking of hot men like your father, whose the hunk who followed us up here?" She says wiggling her eyebrows. Wait what? I shake my head ignoring her remark about my father, and remember Adrian exists.

"New body guard." I say turning on the TV

"You should hit that. He's fine as hell and I know you got a thing for white guys." Cleo says rolling her eyes.

I laugh at her but ignore her comments. I see one of the Marvel movies is on and it reminds me of previous events. I pause the movie and turn to Cleo.

"Cleo I need to tell you something but don't make a big deal of it." I start.

"You're pregnant?"

"No."

"You're getting married?"

"No, shut up and let me talk." I sigh heavily at her. She nods her head and mimics zipping a zipper on her lips.

"So someone is trying to kill me."

She looks at me for second as if she's waiting for more. When she realizes I'm serious she starts to laugh. Like buckling over and laughing her butt off.

"You cant be serious? Last time you said this it was because you didnt want to go to that auction thingy for your dad. And besides you dad hired all these new guard. There's no way."

I curse at myself because I realize I sound like the boy who cried wolf.

"Whatever don't believe me. But when you come to my house and they tell you I'm dead, you have no right to cry." I say crossing my arms and turning away from her.