-8-

Are
WARNING: extremely short chapter!!! Lol

Recap:
I wait a while until I can hear her breathing slow telling me she's asleep. I carefully get out of the bed and reach under the bed for my case. I get the syringe and climb back into the bed  I hover over her  and put the syringe near her neck. I hesitate.

I never hesitate.

—————

A D R I A N

My hand shakes as I put the syringe closer and closer to the vein in her neck. I groan and my hand goes limp. I can't do it. What kind of hitman can't kill?

I get off the bed and pace around the room. I have to finish this. If I don't Adam is going to make his way in here and kill anyone who gets in his way.

I go over to her side of bed and move her head to the side. I put the syringe near her throat I'm going to finally finish when she stirs in her sleep. I ignore her whining and put the syringe in her neck.

She flinches at the needle poking her skin I slowly push the liquid down the syringe. She sits up quickly making the syringe come out of her neck. I smoothly put the syringe under the bed and put on a worried face.

"You were having a nightmare." I say sitting on the bed infront of her.

She reaches over and hugs me tightly. I feel shocked and keeps my hands off of her. I can feel her warm tears on my chest.

"It felt real. I could feel him stabbing me in the neck." She mumbles into my chest.

"It was just a dream." I say giving in and hugging her back. I put a hand to her neck and check her pulse discreetly. Only some of the liquid went into her body. Her pulse is still strong but I'm not sure what's going to happen.

"Go back to sleep I'll be right beside you." I say to her. She lets go of the hug and lays back down. I go the other side and lay next to her. I look up at the ceiling to wait for her to sleep again. I feel her turn to face me.

"Adrian, I don't want to go back to sleep." She says. I look at her and see her pouting like she's going to cry again. How can this girl be a bad person? I look away and don't say anything.

"Can we just talk? I'm scared to sleep." She sits up. I sigh and do the same.

"Fine but only for like 2 hours." I grunt.

She smiles excitedly and starts talking about anything and everything. She tells me about how she's scared of Guinea pigs because she was bit by one when she was 5. And how when her and her brother were little they tried to fill the house with water to know what fish feel like but just ruined the house

I also learned that her and her brother are twins like me and Adam. Her parents had them pretty young. She eventually asks me about my family but I keep it short and say my parents are dead and I'm an only child.

"You never had any pets and were homeschooled by your grandfather? No wonder your so weird." She says laughing at me. I glare at her playfully.

"Whatever. At least I'm not scared of rodents." She laughs at my words and hits my arm.

It's been over 2 hours. It's been so long that it's no longer just starting to get light out, it's extremely light. The sun is up and the birds are chirping.

Peyton yawns and stretches her arms. She has to be tired. I wish she would go back to sleep so I can finish this, but she doesn't. Instead she gets up and exits the room.

As soon as she leaves I hurriedly get the syringe from under the bed and put it in my case. I get a call from Drew and unwillingly answer it.

"What." I spit out.

"Did you finish it? I got busy last night and only saw you stick the syringe in her neck." He says. I sigh in relief that he didn't watch the rest of the camera footage.

" Not all of the chemicals are in her system. I only got to put some in there but it may do the trick." I wince at my own words. Why do I hope that the chemicals wont work?

"Let's hope that it works. The client called. They're getting impatient, if this doesn't works Adams getting activated by the end of today."

"What? We agreed on 2 days!" I say frustrated.

"I know, trust me. I don't trust this client. There's something they aren't telling us. The proof they gave us about Peyton Browns bad deeds are starting to look fake." I can hear Drew sorting through some papers. I'm guessing he's looking at the evidence pictures again.

"I never looked at the pictures. Send them to me I'll give them a glance. If this girl is innocent we've made a big mistake." I say before hanging up the phone.

I go take a shower in the guest bathroom and change into a new suit. I then get all my stuff and go to the security housing to put my stuff away.

Ding!

I look at my phone and see that Drew sent me the evidence pictures and video. I open the video and see a girl about Peytons height and build in a coffee shop. My client is sitting at her seat with their drink by their side and they look away for a second. The person who looks like Peyton passes the table and puts something in their drink.

The client drinks the drink and nothing happened. The video then clicks to camera footage from the clients house. The client is seen hunched over and being led to the car. They look like they are in pain. Blood is everywhere.

I rewind and look at the culprit who is assumed to be Peyton. I really look. His or her build is like Peytons but not exactly. They have broader shoulders and basically no ass. I see as they reach to put whatever was put in the clients drink. Those hands are nothing like Peytons. They almost look manly. Is Drew an idiot? This is clearly a man.

I slam my locker closed and make my way back to the house quickly. I look around the house to find Peyton but only see Her friend, Cleo i think, in the kitchen with her head down.

"Where's Peyton." I ask she waves her hand in front of my face and shushes me.

I suck my teeth and leave the kitchen going up to her room. I open the door without knocking and see Peyton in the middle of changing. She doesn't look sickly or anything. I go up to her and gently grab her neck. I look at the spot where I put the needle and see her veins don't have any abnormal coloring. I check her pulse and see it's still okay.

"Adrian, what the hell are you doing? I'm changing!" She says trying to push me away. I let go of her and catch my breathe.

"I need to tell you something."

——————