-21-

A D R I A N
—————-

Before you say anything I didn't drug her. Well not completely. I hit a pressure point to make Peyton sleep and then MAYBE gave her something to keep her asleep.

With my mother also asleep. I woke up Adam and Ethan and told them to get into the car. Peyton had to be carried because...fine, I totally drugged her.

I put Peyton in the backseat, laying her head down on Ethans lap. I trust him not to touch her. Adam sits in the front seat next to me and we drive off.

"What are you planning?" Adam asks as I drive onto the open road.

"Getting what's left of our lives back. You need help."

"I'm fine." Adam groans and looks out his window.

He doesn't want to go to doctors to try and help. I got most of the beatings as a kid, but somehow Adam ended up with more problems.

I decide to let it go and not argue with him since it might trigger something.

"I still don't understand what's happening." Ethan speaks up from the back.

"We'll Al is trying-"

"Yeah, I know that part. Dad is trying to kill me and my mother. I don't understand why." Ethan says interrupting me.

I guess Al hasn't showed his true colors yet with Ethan. He probably still thinks that his parents love eachother. The hard  truth is Al doesn't love anyone not even his own kids.

"Join the club," Adam says scoffing, "He tried killing us both when we're 4. One of the Maids saw us in the basement during an experiment and went to the police. Of course Al had to get rid of the evidence. Needless to say, that Maid probably isn't alive anymore."

I pinch Adams arm to tell him to shut the hell up. I look through the rear view mirror and see Ethan looks shocked and horrified.

"Will my mom be okay?" He asks in a shaky voice. He looks at me through the mirror with a glint of hope in his eyes. That makes me feel bad for him.

"I can't promise that." I say bringing my attention back to the road.

I remember when Ethan was six and I was 17, I left the house to live on my own. He cried a lot. We weren't allowed outside the basement, but Ethan would sneak down and ask us to play.

Adam would threaten to beat him while I played with him for a while. I always knew his mother would come looking for him so i only played for a little while then hid back in my room.

"Can you promise to keep Adam away from me?" Ethan says bitterly. I look to Adam and see he's distracted looking out the window. I don't think he heard which is a good things.

"Adam won't hurt you. Take a nap or something." I say sighing.

Ethan huffs loudly but eventually I see he puts his head back and sleeps.

* * *

I brought Adam and Ethan to the place we'll be hiding out and then started to drive Peyton back to her house.