7

A D R I A N
—————

"Finally, your here! We need to talk about finishing this. Perhaps together."

I smack his hand off my shoulder. And glare daggers at my client and then Drew.

"What the hell is he doing here?" I say through clenched teeth. Drew looks to the client with worried eyes and then avoids eye contact with me.

"Come on big bro. You didn't miss me?" The idiot next to me says getting into my face again.

"No, Adam, I didn't miss you. We separated for a reason, remember?" I say getting more and more angry the more I look at his face.

"I can see that hatred in your eyes. You know if you hate my face you must also hate yours. Perks of being twins." He winks.

"Okay you two let's stop this sibling quarrelling. We brought Adam in cause it seems like you can't do your job." My client says standing up from their chair.

"I'm going to finish it, okay? Just don't get Adam involved in this. You don't know what he's capable of, Hes insa-"

"Enough! You have two more days. After that I'm activating Adam." The Client gets up and points a finger at me.

I nod my head and shut my mouth. They snap their finger and suddenly Adam pats me on the back and follows the client out of the building like a dog following its owner.

I sit down next to Drew and put my head in my hands in frustration. I had kept my distance from my brother for a reason and now it feels like eyes back to haunt me.

"So. . .You good bud?" Drew says basically whispering.

"Am I good? Really Drew, you ask if I'm good after my brother just pops up out of nowhere? This job has made my life a living hell." I whip my head towards him and glare at him with a furious look.

"This isn't my fault. I told you not to go soft, man. You never miss a shot and somehow you missed all of them that day. Also, just F-Y-I, I've never had to zap you more than once." Drew says looking just as exhausted as me.

"Look I'm sorry. I don't know what's going on with me, but I'm not going soft. And if I remember correctly you zapped me when I was this close to finishing the job."

Drew rolls his eyes and gets up from the table while grabbing whatever things he brought into the abandoned building.

"Whatever you say Ian. Just give me a ride home, it's the least you could do." He says giving me a look.

"No way, get a taxi. I gotta get back before they figure out I'm gone." I say getting up and exiting the building. Drew follows behind closely as I walk up to the car.

"Come one man please. I promise you'll get back to your girlfriend in time." I hear his footsteps get faster as he tries to keep up.

"Shut up."I hiss

"What? I know you miss that ass of hers so let's hurry up and go." He runs to the other side of the car before I can lock the doors. I sigh and get into the front seat and turning the car on. I drive away from the creepy building and go to Drews HQ.

It's a small building disguised as a bakery. So if you ever ask his occupation he will say baker, but if you look at him you can tell somethings off. I told him not to make it a bakery but here we are.

I pull up in front of the bakery and see its pretty packed. "Are you actually baking things for these people?" I ask almost laughing.

"Of course not. I hired some people." He says getting out the car and looking at me like I'm insane. He waves to me before he goes inside of his building and just as I'm about to drive off someone bangs on my windows like a crazy person. I look to the passenger window and see Peytons bestfriend. Whatever her name is.