-13-

P E Y T O N
——————-

Those eyes are the same. But his hair is jet black. Maybe the redhead from before had a scar on his face. I couldn't tell because of his mask. I never saw the mans face. I only saw his eyes and hair. Both of those colors aren't something you forgot.

Why do I have to be so bad with remembering faces?

Adrian continues to talk about cameras and Reid so I quietly turn around and tiptoe to the door. But I step right on a part of the floor that creaks loudly.

I turn into an ice cube and stay in my place frozen.

"Wait a sec, I'll call you back." Adrian hangs up the phone and I can hear him walking out the bathroom.

I quickly bolt to the door but it's shut before I can open it all the way. How did he move that fast?

"Brown, what are you doing in here?" He ask trapping me between him and the door.

My heart is beating out my chest. He never put the contacts back in. His light grey eyes bore into my brown ones. Is it possible for them to be lifeless yet still full of emotion?

"Answer me."

"I-I didn't hear anything. I didn't see anything either." I say shifting uncomfortably.

He sighs loudly and puts his head down. I notice his hair is wet and some of it looks a light color. Like he dyed his hair with temporary dye.

Like he dyed red hair.

I quickly go under his arms and escape his barricade. I go to the other side of the bed and stand away from him.

"Who the hell are you?" I ask trying to sound calm.

He walks slowly near me but stays a far distance. He looks almost annoyed.

"Who do you think I am?" He answered my question with a question.

"I think your the crazy red headed Bastard that tried to kill me 2 times!"

"There's an explanation." He holds his hands out gesturing for my to calm down.

"An explanation for trying to kill someone?" I scoff at this unbelievable situation.

"I should go to the cops. I should go tell my dad right now." I pace back and forth holding my chest as my heart beats faster and faster.

"If you call the cops I have to disappear. If I disappear. I can't protect you from anything." He says walking up to me and stopping me from pacing.

"If you disappear I don't need protecting." I shrug his hands off me and run out of the room.

I go to my room and do maybe the dumbest thing a girl could do in this situation. Nothing. I don't call the cops, I don't tell my father.

I pack a bag and sneak out of the house with the keys to my car in hand.

I get to my car and drive to Cleos house. Driving quickly I get there fast.