-12-

Recap:

I walk to the patio and stop when I see Adrian and the shadow of a woman outside. I try to see who she is but all I can see is her blonde hair from this angle. I lean in slightly to hear the conversation.

"You lied and that has consequences." I hear Adrian say his voice sounding dark and angry.

"I don't know what your talking about, but if you won't finish this job, Adam will."

Whose Adam? Wait, that voice. . .Tessa?
—————-

P E Y T O N
——————

Why are Tessa and Adrian meeting in secret? And what job is she talking about?

"I told you to leave Adam out of this. You-"

"Yea, yea, I don't know what he's capable of. Does it look like I care? I'll have him deal with this" Tessa scoffs. She turns to leave but Adrian grabs her arm harshly and quickly pulls her back infront of him.

"I told you no innocents. And you got a kid involved? Are you crazy?!" Adrian yells in her face. I can't see her face but I bet she's scared. I flinched myself.

"L-Let go of me. I'll scream." Tessa says in a shaky voice.

"I'll make sure no one hears you. If you know what Adams capable of then you sure as hell know what I can do."

I can hear Tessa whimpering as Adrian tightens his grip on her arm. I start to get worried that things will get more violent. Should I interrupt?

I shake my head at my own question and decide to quietly run away from the patio doors. I shouldn't eavesdrop. This isn't my business.

All I can do is hope that Tessa isn't messing with the family and that Adrian does hurt her too bad.

I go back inside where everyone is chatting and dining and stand at some random table. (There's no sitting tables just those weird standing tables at rich events idk what they are.)

"Hey, your Xaviers sister right?" I look next to me and before me stands a gorgeous man clearly of Asian descent. He smiles charmingly at me and sets his drink down on the table.

"I am. You must be a friend of his, I'm Peyton." I Introduce myself to the handsome fellow.

"I'm Eric. Eric Maki." He smiles at me and I can't help but blush slightly.

"So which ones yours." I say pointing to the crowd. He looks at me confused. "Which ones are your parents, I mean."

"Oh," he chuckles, "My parents aren't here. Xavier invited me so I can get my mind off some things."

"You must be close with my brother."

"We've known eachother since highschool. I'm surprised we never met." Eric says.

He's right. This is the first time I've heard his name. Xavier kept to himself mostly in high-school, but I still knew most of his friends. He was the quiet popular kid. Most of the girls tried to break his shell, while the guys tried to use him to get the girls.

Needless to say the friends I knew, we're the ones who were real with him. That list was short. It was really just me, Cleo, and Nate. Xavier is the only one who still talks to Nate, so this will be the first and last time I'll mention his name.