-22-

P E Y T O N
——————

Around 5 months ago I woke up in my own bed with no hot redhead beside me. Just a stuffed animal judging my bed head.

Now, 5 months after the lonliness started, I've become more involved in my fathers business. I actually have my own office and apartment right next to Cleo and Xaviers.

I usually go over there if I'm not at work and help with the nursery or cooking.

"No put on Clueless. I want to see young Paul Rudd." Cleo whines as I almost played "Something New"

"But we watched ant man yesterday." I say frowning.

"I said young Paul Rudd." Cleo says rubbing her belly. Playing the pregnant card I see.

I roll my eyes at her and play clueless. I love the movie but I really wanted to watch "Something new".

We watched the movie and ate some sweets. Well mostly Cleo did. She bought herself a cake and whip cream to snack on while I just got some candy.

My brother was at work trying to finish some stuff up so he could take some time off for the wedding.

Yes, Xavier and Cleos wedding. Everyone seems to be moving on almost as if nothing crazy happened in our lives. Everyone except me.

He told me he had to leave yet it still hurt like hell. I knew him for barley a month but it felt like years. And having someone try and kill you then almost immediately forgiving them is not something I do often. It's not something a lot of people do often.

"Peyton." Cleo waves her hand infront of my face getting my attention. I blink my eyes and look at her confused.

"The movies over you spaced out." She says pointing to the tv. I look at it and the credits are rolling. I spaced out that long?

"Sorry. I have a lot on my mind for work." I say rubbing my temples.

"Come on its Thursday, you don't have to go in tomorrow. Just think about the extra sleep your going to get." Cleo says wrapping an arm around my shoulder, hugging me.

"I'll be fine. Xavier should be home soon so I'll head back to my apartment."

I get up and grab my garbage to throw it out. As I'm pushing the garbage further into the basket, Xavier forgot to take the trash out again, someone knocks on the door loudly.

Cleo jumps slightly and holds her chest and stomachs in fear.

"Calm down. I'll get it. It's probably Harry from across the hall. That old man is crazy." I say walking over to the door.

I look through the peep hole and see no one there. Maybe it was a 'ding dong ditch' type situation.

I go to grab my bag, but someone knocks again but louder this time.

"Who the hell is banging on my door?" Cleo says getting up. I quickly put my hand out to stop her and then go look through the peep hole again.

I freeze as I see the top of someone's head.  A red head.

"Cleo." I say stepping away from the door. She's comes toward me and looks through the peep hole. She gasp and quickly opens the door.