-19-

P E Y T O N
——————-

It's the next week and I wake up in the guest room of the small house Adrians mother owns. Adrian sleeps next to me not making a sound. I put my hand under his nose to make sure he's not dead. Good news, he is most likely alive.

I reach up and rub his nose where the middle of his scar lies. To my surprise, he whimpers a bit and then snuggles close into me.

A memory comes back to when we arrived here. He rubbed his scar all the way up here and then his mother traced over it with her own fingers. I wonder if she soothed him by rubbing his scar when he was younger.

There's a soft knock on the door and then it opens a bit. I sit up and look to the door

"If you lovebirds want some breakfast, we're having pancakes with bacon and sausage." Adrians mother's voice comes from behind the door.

"We'll be down soon. Thank you Ma'am" I say almost in a whisper.

"Okay. And please call me Edi." She closes the door leaving me to wake up an adorable looking Adrian as he probably dreams about murdering his father.

"Adrian. . .wake up." I shake his shoulder slightly and he just grunts and turns around.

I take a pillow and climb on top of him. I lift my arms up has far as possible so I can hit him hard. Just as I'm going to hit him with the pillow he grabs my arms.

He opens his eyes sleepily and yawns a little.

"What are you doing?" He ask sitting up. I get off him and put the pillow back.

"Trying to wake you up. Your mom made breakfast."

Adrian gets out of the bed and puts on clothes that his mother got for us. I never thought I would see Adrian dressed in a wool knit sweater looking very cuddly if I say so myself.

He runs a hand through his messy hair and looks at me.

"You know you can't go down there half naked." He throws my clothes at me and I catch them.

I quickly get changed and then we head downstairs for breakfast. When we get downstairs  I see Adam eating breakfast with his mom. She looks at us with a huge smile.

"There you finally are. Come eat some breakfast." She gestures toward the empty seats.

"Thank you Edi. And thank you for letting us stay here." I say sitting down and making self a plate. Adrian sits next to me and Edi does the same.

"So Peyton, what do your parents do." Edi ask.

"My father owns his own company which runs multiple companies. My mother just volunteers."

"That's very nice. What do they think of Adrian?"

I pause not really knowing what to say. I guess they trust him but they have no idea what's going on. Im not even sure they know that I went to Cleos house.

"Um, they think he's-"

"They don't know about us." Adrian says grabbing some more bacon. So blunt. Edi looks to me to basically confirm.

"Do they know that you're with him?"she ask looking worried. I look at her with the answer in my eyes.

"Oh sweetie you need to call them. You can use my house phone." She points to the entrance of the living room. I now and get up to go get the phone.

I dial my dads number and wait for them to pick up. After a couple rings someone picks up.

"Charles Brown speaking." My fathers voice comes through the phone.