-18-

Warning: all scientific and medical experiments that are talked of in this story are works of fiction. This is not how the real world works. At least I hope not. A disorder is brought to light and is a real disorder.

P E Y T O N
——————

He hasn't said anything after telling me we're going to meet his mother. I still can't even comprehend the fact that the boss is Mr Lancaster. If Mr. Lancaster is the boss who controls Adam and Adrian then that means he has to be Adrians father.

I glance at Adrian and he seems to be zoned out. He's rubbing the scar on his face, which I've never seen him do.

"Adrian, I need to ask questions." I tell him. He stops rubbing his scar and looks at me. His nose is red from the rubbing.

"Go ahead." He lets out a breathe and looks back at road.

"So Mr. Lancaster is your father?" He nods his head. "So that means we're going to see Mrs Lancaster?"

"No. That woman is not my mother. She's just the woman my father married before knocking up my mom." Adrian grips the wheel tightly. I don't want to get him angry but I'm curious as hell.

"What do you mean?"

"I'll explain when we get to our destination." He says lowly. I let it go and look out the window.

If I had that much family drama and trauma, I most likely wouldn't just explain it when asked. Even though we got closer in reality it's only been around a week. Not even.

After about 4 hours we finally get to a small house near a lake. The house is very nice. It's one level but wide.

Adrian pulls out the paper and envelope he found earlier and looks at the address.

"This is it. Come on." He says getting out of the car. He opens the back door and gets Adam out the back, carrying him the same way he did before.

We walk up to the door andAdrian rings the doorbell. Within seconds the door flies open and a beautiful older woman opens the door. She has Adrian and Adams bright red hair and grey eyes. Only hers aren't as lifeless or psychotic.

She looks at Adrian with shock and disbelief in her eyes. I can see tears forming as she examines her sons face.

"A-Adrian? Oh my God Adrian, my baby boy." She quickly wraps her arm around him and hugs him tightly.

She lets go of the hug and reaches a hand to his face. She traces his scar and lets out a whimper. Adrians eyes are full of sadness as he stares down at his mother.

His mother finally looks to Adam and I see fear quickly take place of the happiness on her face.

"H-he can't be here. Your father tracks him."

"I made his chip malfunction, so tracking should have turned off. You're safe." Adrians usual deep and cold tone isn't there. He sounds warm and concerned.

His mother contemplates it for a second and then finally opens the door all the way to let us in. I go in first and then Adrian drags Adam in.