6

Imagine ur own damn dress lol

———————

P E Y T O N

Remember how I said fancy dinners are the worst? Let's boot that down to second worst.

Going out to lunch with my sister-in-law is the worst. I sit in front of her not being able to stuff my face with food cause she keeps insulting me and judging me with her filler filled face.

"You should switch your moisturizer your starting to look older than you are. When I was 21 I still looked 16 and loose." She says giving me a chill inducing smile.

"What does that even mean Tessa?"

"Never mind that. We need to talk about getting you a man and getting you out of that house."

I roll my eyes discreetly and eat my food trying to ignore her. The last thing I want to think about is a man. Waking up with Adrian in my bed looking like had a 'wild' night was more than enough for today.

It was cute the way he woke up looking confused and then mortified.

"I'm serious Peyton. You should focus on yourself rather than the company. You know Xavier can handle it." She says smiling with evil eyes.

So this is why she decided to invite me to lunch. She's obsessed with Xavier taking over my fathers company, but my father has already said it's going to me. He wants a woman to run it specifically a black woman. Which Tessa is not.

"Tessa we talked about this. The company is going to me when the time is right. Xavier wants nothing to do with it anyways." I put my utensils down to give her my full attention then continue to speak.

"I don't want to hear about it anymore. And I also don't want to hear these insults. You may be my brothers wife but I know why you married him, but unfortunately I don't know why he married you."

She looks at me with a scrunched up disgusted face. Just as she's about to say something probably insulting, my brother walks into the restaurant with that big goofy grin on his face.

"Hey sis, Tes." He sits next to her without a kiss on the cheek or even so much of a glance. I look to Tess and see she has a hint of disappointment in her eyes. Although she doesn't truly love him she still wants attentions form him. It made me feel bad for here for a millisecond.

"Well... I was just about to leave. So you two have a nice lunch. Tessa, think about what I said very carefully cause I meant every word." I get up from my seat and give my brother a quick hug before leaving the restaurant.

I take my phone out and text Cleo:

> girls night?

Cleo: GIRLSSS NIGHTTTT

I chuckle at my phone and put it away. Cleo should make my day 100% better, but the person walking up to me will make my day just a little worse.

"You done gossiping?" He says throwing his cigarette on the ground. I didn't even know he smoked.

"Can you be anymore rude, Adrian."

He just shrugs and opens the car door for me. He doesn't seem to care about his job that much, almost like its temporary.

He gets in the driver seat and starts to head back to my house but I stop him when I see a dress store.

"Adrian pull over I want to go into that store." I say pointing. He keeps silent and just pulls over.