5

P E Y T O N

I entered my fathers building. The bodyguards not too far behind, following Adrian's orders. As my personal bodyguard, he was put in control of any other guards that come with us. For some odd reason, he had the guards stay at the entrance rather than leave two there and take the rest. He insisted on coming up with me alone.

I thought it was odd but ignored it. We took the elevator up to marketing where I can get our weekly report. There also happens to be some issues that need to be resolved.

As soon as we walk into the department everyone says their hellos and gives me smiles. I go up to receptionist for the floor and smile at her.

"Hey, Tori. Can you tell Addams that I'm here."

"Sure thing Miss Brown," she picks up the phone and dials a number, "Hello Mr. Addams. Miss Brown is here. . .okay. . .I'll send her in. You can go into the conference room."

She points to the room and I nod and smile at her one last time. I see her look behind me and basically drool over Adrian. Adrian ignores her and walks ahead of me to open the door to the conference room for me. Close your mouth girl.

"Miss Brown, thank you for coming in." Addams, the head of the department, says as I walk in. I sit down in the head seat.

"No problem so what's seems to be the problem."

Addams and a few other men tell me about the issues happening in the building and with some of our clients. I explain to them what they should do and how they should do it in immense detail, knowing if I don't, the problem will occur again.

"If Problems still arise please let me know. However, my father should be back soon if you really need him." I say standing up from my chair.

"Thank you." They all say getting up as I leave the room with Adrian who was just texting the whole time.

I look towards Tori and smile. I reach in my bag remembering I bought something for her and then hand her it.

"Here. I got that new shade of lipstick I think it would look nice with your skin."

She smiles at me with widely and takes the lipstick. She's darker than me and she knows how to rock some colors. Her beautiful Afro is always paired with some bright and cute earrings. her outfits always matched so now all she needed was a perfect shade of lipstick. Her style helped me to appreciate my coils and beautiful skin even more than I already did.

"Thank you Miss Brown. This color will go good with that white pant suit I got." She said giddily.

"I told you to call me Peyton. And send me a picture when you wear them I was thinking of getting some pant suits." I say before tapping the desk and smile before leaving. .

"...Too nice." I catch the end of Adrian say something from behind me. I turn around.

"What?"

"You're too nice. They're your subordinates not your friends." He says with a serious look. As usual.

"Just because they work for my family doesn't mean I can't be nice. Im glad you're not my boss" I roll my eyes at him and his lip twitches slightly. I swear he was gonna smile.

We keep silent and walk into the Big SUV we came in. Adrian gets into the back with me and the driver starts to drive to our next location.

I start to feel a fork knot in my stomache with Adrian next to me. We rode here just like this but he wasn't sitting in the middle. He sat full manspread with his Legs right next to mine and his arm resting on my seats head rest.