-14-

P E Y T ON
—————-

I woke up in the afternoon to the muffled sound of people talking. I open my eyes and sit up. For some reason I expected to wake up in my own room.

I get out of bed slowly and head towards the kitchen. I see my brother and Cleo sitting and eating together.

I go to the cupboards and pull out some cereal.

"Good Afternoon to you too." Xavier says rolling his eyes.

"Eat shit."  I flip him off and take the cereal box to the living room then turn the tv on.

Cleo comes into the living room and sits next to me on the couch. Xavier sucks his teeth at us and goes into Cleos room.

"So are you going to tell me what happened?" She  says putting her legs over my own.

"Can't I just sulk around instead?" I ask. She rolls her eyes playfully and shakes her head.

"What happened with Adrian?"

"What happened is that we kissed twice, but he tried to kill me just as many times." I say stuffing my face with cereal.

"What? On purpose?" Duh.

"He's the guy who came into my room and tried to kill me. He's a psychopath."

Cleo stays silent. She looks like she's thinking hard or she just can't think at all. She gets up but I grab her hand. I know she's going to tell Xavier.

"Don't tell Xavier. I don't want him to get hurt." I say with pleading eyes. I know she tells him everything but not this time. She sits back down with a loud huff.

"So you like him?" She asks. I nod my head.

" you've always been the type to catch feelings after 5 seconds of meeting someone." Cleo laughs and I chuckle. She's not wrong.

1st grade Terrell Williams. I announced him as my boyfriend as soon as he said he liked the same animal as me.

6th grade, Liam Gordon. We started dating the same day we met. He sat with me at lunch and we talked for like 20 minutes, then he asked me out. I didn't even know his last name until we broke up.

I get attached to people very easily. Even murderers I guess.

"How about this, we'll go to this cute bakery I found and get a whole bunch of sweets then we we can watch magic mike." She says moving my hair out my face.

"Both of them?" I ask. She nods her head and I smile.

"We'll go at 4 so you have 2 hours to get ready. I'm going to please your brother now." She says getting up.

I gag and actually almost throw up. I didn't need to hear that and I don't want to hear it being done either. I turn up the volume on the tv and eat the rest of the cereal from the box.

After 2 hours and I'm changed and clean I wait at the kitchen table for Cleo. I turn on my phone and see I have a text from an unknown number.

Unknown: Hey it's me Eric from that event. Your brother gave me your number.

> Oh hi! How are you?

Eric: I'm good. I was wondering if you wanted to get some dinner tonight at around 6. I can pick you up.

>sure, sounds fun :) Here's the addresses XXXXX

"Who are you texting?" My brother comes out of Cleos room buttoning his pants. Disgusting.