4

P E Y T O N

Mm cinnamon. Why does it smell like cinnamon?

I open my eyes and I'm greeted with boobies. Not your regular state of the art women boobies. Men boobies. My face is buried in them. I push my self away from the boobies and see my bodyguard, Adrian, sleeping. Last night is anything but a blur. I remember hes naked and grab the covers to look cause I'm a pervert but a hand grabs mine.

Adrian sits up quickly with wide eyes and looks under the covers himself.

"Why am I naked?" He ask more to himself.

"I can answer that question but I don't know if you want me to." I say wanting to mess with the man. He looks at me with a concerned look in his eyes.

"I didn't?. . You know. ." He says making some weird gesture. I nod my head at him and I can see him starting to internally freak out.

"Im just kidding! Something was wrong with the wine and you acted all sickly and drunk." I get out of bed laughing and pick up his clothes to hand to him.

He sighs a sigh of relief and gets out of the bed but still covers himself. I turn around as he puts his clothes on. When I turn back around hes changed into his clothes completely and heading out my bedroom door. He quickly comes back in with worry on his face.

"You're brother is coming up here." He whispers. My eyes widen at the thought of my brother seeing my bodyguard in my room look might I say very disheveled.

"Hide in my bathroom, hurry!" I say pushing him towards my bathroom. He hurriedly gets inside.

A knock comes from my door and I quickly grab Adrian's clothes and hand them to him into the bathroom letting Xavier in. Adrian locks the bathroom door right after I hand him his clothes.

"Come in!"

The door opens and Xavier walks into the room and looks at me funny. My brother can read me like a book. He's basically the only one who can tell when I'm being truthful or not. If he ask me any questions and I don't answer truthfully, he'll find a way to get the truth.

"What are you doing just standing there? You have that 'I'm hiding something' face." He says raising a brow.

"I'm not hiding anything. What do you want?"

"Dad and Mom left last night at like 9:30 they didnt get to see you before they left. They wont be back for around 3 days, so you need to do dads rounds for the company." He says referring to me going to each company location checking on our status.

I didn't mind doing it for my father but it was tiring. I don't get how he does it. There's always so much problems at the company and the boss is the only one who can fix it apparently.

"Yea okay." I say trying to get him out of my room. He nods and looks at me suspiciously. He eyes the room and his eyes stop on the floor next to the bed. I follow his stare and see Adrians gun holster peeping from under the bed.

Xavier reaches for it but I beat him to it. I kick it under my bed and give him an innocent smile.

"Is there anything else you need or can I kick you out? Physically and metaphorically."

"If your sleeping with one of the guards just tell me. I don't judge." He says shrugging and then smirking at me.

"Get out." I point to the door. He leaves the room while chuckling and mumbling something about using protection with my protection. I lock my bedroom door and then go to the bathroom door and knock softly.

"You can come out hes gone."

The door unlocks and Adrian comes out. He really looks like he just hooked up with someone. His hair is a mess, his dress shirt is half tucked in his pants and half out, all his clothes are wrinkly and his eyes are red.

"You can take a shower if you want. I can sneak and get you some of the other guards clothes." I say looking away from him.

Somehow the mention of him taking a shower in my shower makes me flustered. I glance back at him and I see he looks a little flustered as well.

"I'll be fine." He says clearing his throat. He walks past me and actually leaves my room this time.

Something tells me this isnt't going to end up well.

———————————-

A D R I A N

How did me trying to drug her turn into her drugging me. Im off my game and its killing me. I need to finish this mission soon, but this girl is making it so difficult.

I left her room and snuck out to the security housing where my locker is. I grab another suit and quickly shower and change before any of the other bafoons they call security guards can see me.

I take my contacts out and clean them. My eyes are red and sting from wearing them, but it's the only way I can hide my eye color.

A call comes from my ear piece that Drew made for me. I answer bracing my self for how annoying this call is going to be.

"Adrian you idiot. What happened to the rule dont sleep with the targets!?" Drew yells into the mic. I cringe at his shrill voice.

"I didn't sleep with her. Well I did but not in a sexual way." I explain. I hear him sigh. "You were at the bar. Why didn't you watch her and make sure she didn't switch the drinks?" I say turning the blame to him.

The line goes quiet telling me he has nothing to say against that. How were either of us suppose to know she would switch the drinks. This is girl is immature and unpredictable. its infuriating.

"Whatever. I'm sick and tired of this. drugging didn't work now you have to try a different approach. How about killing her in her sleep?" Drew suggest.

That could work. It's easier than killing her while she's up and energetic.

"Fine we'll try that next." I respond while tying my tie.

"Also Adrian one last thing." Drew starts. I just grunt for him to continue.

"Dont go soft. She should be dead by now and she's not." Drew says sounding like a father scolding his child.

"I won't. It's impossible." I scoff and then hang up the phone not wanting to hear more.

I mean, it is impossible right?
——————