Chapter 7: Legend of Renegade Storm

Renegade Storm, well known within Atlas as what might be their darkest moment. A princess of the land, next in line for the throne, she made her displeasure at the way the kingdom was run clear from an early age. She was known for taking part in rally's and sometimes even riots. She was also the only known member of the ancient royal family to be welcome within faunus communities. She was beloved by the people she fought for and hated by those her father said mattered. Someone should have thought of what that could mean.

"So she's a rebel from a important family, sounds like Weiss" said Ruby

Well into her teens, roughly around sixteen should the historic text be reliable, she seemed to have moved on from her childish attitude. She seemed to understand her family and why they did what they did. She was known to speak for her family and against those that would attack them. She was still welcome within faunus communities, that should have been a clue to what was really going on. Someone should have seen, but they were blind.

"What, why did she change" siad Ruby.

"I don't think she did, she's acting as a double agent" said Jaune

"Very clever jaune, that is correct" said Rex

A rebellion blossomed. The people who were unhappy with the current royal family rose to fight them at every turn. Supply runs would be sabotaged or attacked, royal guests were taken hostage or told to pay a toll. It was chaos and none knew how it'd started. One day the Rebel leader would make an appearance, her cloak resting in the still air as she told the people to be ready, a storm was coming. Many laughed it off, the rebels couldn't do anything to anyone. They'd be fine.

The castle had been attacked. The leader of the Rebellion was present and the princess was nowhere to be seen. After nearly two days of battle a stray guard captain managed to capture the rebel leader. For reasons that remain unknown to this day she ordered the entire rebellion to flee once she was caught. No one dared to take her hood off for the several days she was held. Her trial was held publicly, her following execution done in the main square. We have records of her last given words.

"You may have stopped me but a storm has no end. We will rise back up, the people you've denied will rise to fight you again and again. Even if you kill me here today someone will rise to take my place, that you can be certain of. For so long as those in power beat down the people of this kingdom we will stand and fight. You can not stop us."

After her speech they pulled her hood back to reveal a shock of white hair. The rebel leader was in fact their missing princess. Many wondered why she would betray her kingdom while others would point out that she hadn't, not truly. Her rebellion is said to still be active in Atlas, although none know how or why.

"She was the leader, wow" said Oscar

Her words proved true when for the next two hundred years a rebel leader dressed exactly like her would rise. No one ever caught her and some thought she was the renegade princess. Renegade, betrayer of her nation, rebel leader. Storm, what she had likened herself and the rebellion to. And so, a legend was born, a story to tell to children formed and the world moved on.

"Quite the impressive legend" said Ren