Chapter 22: Journey

Jacques Schnee sat in his chair, quite comfortable in his own assertions. After finally managing to cut his middle child off completely he was certain it would be days before she came crawling back to him, after all she did need money and Dust. Where else would she get it?

"Oh, I dn't know, how about my own supply" said Weiss

"Or maybe your own company" said Rex

"Huh?" asked the theatre

"Keep watching"

"Melisa, are today's reports ready?" He said, Jacques leaned back in his chair, a confident smile on his face.

"Uh, sir you're really going to want to see this." Jacques sighed, what nonsense now? Flipping his scroll out he expanded the message his secretary sent and clicked the link. Jacques shot forward in his seat.

"SDC stock price drops by nearly sixty-eight percent overnight?" Jacques said, now scrolling in a much more panicked state. "Stock prices continue to plummet, may not be able to keep up with new competitor. Melisa what happened?"

"Have you seen all the links sir? The second should answer that." Jacques clicked the second link and was greeted with an image of his daughter and her team dressed in White Fang uniforms. The headline almost made him crush his scroll.

"New White Fang leadership revealed." Jacques's eyes flickered through the article. "That stupid ignorent brat, Melisa contact the legal team so we can file a suite against Weiss."

"For what" asked Jaune "She didn't do anything other than decide not to put up with you, you asshole"

"We don't have a legal team anymore sir, they dropped us as soon as the scandal hit." Jacques slammed his fist onto the desk, he had to have something, anything to work with. He married into this family for one reason and it was up in flames. "The accounting department has run the numbers though, if we sell off all unused mines the company can remain afloat."

"Do we have potential buyers?" There was a long pause that Jacques didn't like.

"Just one sir, RWBY Dust and Technologies." Jacques heard the crack of his glass moments before it shattered. "Do to an Atlas military buyout of a specialised Dust only they could make they are looking for all unused mines in Atlas. The board already approved."

"We make our own dust company" asks Ruby in awe

"And it surpasses the SDC as the number 1 dust manufacturer in the world" said Rex

"Awesome" said Yang, the rest agreed with her

"Damn it. Prepare things for a public announcement, I need to address this." Jacques tapped his fingers on his desk. Flicking through his scroll he looked to see what he could find about RWBY Dust and Technologies. "Cutting edge Dust blends including three forms of artillery Dust at cheaper rates and ten new Dust types that no one else can produce. We'll see about that. Melisa acquire a sample of these new Dust types."

"And they're not going to get anything out of it" said Jaune with a huge smirk

"Already on it sir. R&D should be able to figure out what they have." Melisa said then she paid for a moment. "Have you seen their company page?"

"RDT, devoted to the protection of both humanity and faunus kind from whatever dangers they can. Has already developed a type of Dust that is more effective against grimm than anything ever made before." Jacques continued scrolling through the page. "They just appeared overnight, very well, I'll just need to crush them underfoot like I did with every other Dust supplier."