Chapter 18: Sea's Rage

"So, this will start with an event before showing flashbacks to what led up to the event." warned Rex

Weiss grit her teeth and held a hand out in front of her. A rotating glyph hovering in front of her, a torrent of lightning slamming into the other side. Weiss slid back slightly before resetting her footing. A glance over her shoulder revealed dozens of faunus cowering. Forcing more of her aura through her arm the glyph brightened. She took one step forward and pushed the glyph further out.

"Oh my gosh, Weiss" shouted Ruby

"I don't think you need to worry Rubes, looks like she's handling things just fine." said Yang

Earlier that day

Weiss walked through the market, she had procured the things she needed and was now simply browsing to see what they had to offer. She stepped around stalls of simple clothes and traditional things, others with random trinkets and one that sold intricate golden lockets. Weiss paused at the lockets and considered.

"I do have three hundred thousand or so lien of my father's money to waste..." Weiss said, with a light shrug she turned to the vendor. Quickly looking the items over she frowned. "Excuse me, I'm unfamiliar with your selection, are there any you'd recommend as a gift for a girlfriend?"

"Uh..." The faunus behind the stall counter blinked at her, Weiss smiled. The woman seems to jump out of her daze and gestured to the collection. "Well oridinarly in that case I'd recommend a duo set but given your circumstances I doubt that will be enough. I could place an order for a custom set if you'd like?"

"That'd be lovely, thank you. How much would it cost?" Weiss said. Quickly taking a look over the designs that were on display.

"Would it be possible to get any traditional designs on them? Specifically from Vale, Mistral and Menagerie?"

"Not Atlas?" the woman behind the counter frowned slightly.

"I'd rather not have my girlfriends wear a symbol of a nation that exploits those weaker than them." Weiss said, struggling to keep the disdain out of her voice. Weiss found her birthplace lacking and felt no pride in it. Weiss opened her mouth to speak again only to hear her scroll ringing. "I'm sorry, I need to take this."

"True" the entire theatre agreed

"Weiss you need to come back." Ruby's face appeared on the scroll as she spoke. "Something came up."

"I'm on my way." Weiss said. She turned to the woman as she hung up. "I'll get back to you on that, tomorrow hopefully."

"I'll be here Ms." The woman smiled as Weiss walked away. It was a relatively short journey back to Blake's home. Finding her team getting their weapons and gear together. Ruby was beside her in moments.

Weiss smiled as she saw people warming up to her.

"The sea watch has a problem, there's signs of a sea feilong near shore." Ruby said, a hand running through her hair. "Our Dust stores are lower than we think and a storm's keeping the next shipment back."

"Of course, did you manage to convert any of that dust into Bless rounds?" Ruby winced at the question and Weiss sighed. "No, okay. What's the plan?"

"We're going to need you on the ground protecting the people, you're immune to lightning." Ruby said. She glanced to one side where Blake was sitting against a wall. "I told Blake to sit this one out, with her weakness for lightning this fight could kill her."

"I don't like being left out, but that's a fair reason" said Blake

"Right, you and Yang?" Weiss had a bad feeling about things.