Chapter 35: Worlds in Time

Persona, what an interesting idea. The mask you wear, or perhaps the you that hides, maybe even an oath you made. The source matters not but the strength it gives is incredible. Many great works, many failed attempts at global destruction felled by just a few with this gift. Some may call it a miracle, others a curse but to them it is... freedom.

A few people looked thoughtful at the explanation of persona's

The power of one's true self, strengthened and amplified through their experience. The might of their very soul reaching out to tear a hole into the fabric of reality and place themselves within. So then what happens when you grant such power to those who already harness their soul for strength?

Something truly special, something unbreakable, something immeasurable. When we say Remnant rarely has wildcards we lie. No planet goes without a wildcard for any length of time, not truly at least. Remnant faces the opposite problem, an overabundance of wildcards. A world flooded by those unwilling to give an inch to a monster bent on their annihilation.

Do you see Igor? This world isn't just another planet in need of aid. No, this is a planet desperate to help, itself and those around it. When I say fate holds little sway here I mean it, sometimes I even question fate touches this world. But yet, something strange occurs, something that should be impossible, can you tell me what?

"For a world tied so far from fate, destiny plays an important role." A much younger looking Igor said. "But I'm not sure I understand, why this world?"

Why this world indeed. If fate has abandoned them so then why is it that every time some force rises to destroy them a new group of persona users rises. It's quite the mystery, one I hope you come to understand in time. Time, what a fickle thing.

"Well, that's interesting" says Winter

_________________________

Igor leaned forward, staring out the window of the bullhead for a moment. The velvet room twisted for a moment and it was suddenly as if he was above Remnant, looking down on the planet. He twisted his hands around and looked to the new orbiting body, a crude satellite made from a former battle arena. Igor's gaze turned to the shattered moon in thought.

"Why this world." He mused, he continued to stare down at both the planet and moon. "What a truly baffling mystery."

Igor watched as days passed on the planet. He marveled as life went on the planet. As an outside observer he saw the planet's journey. He thought back to when he had first seen the planet, just days after the brother gods had abandoned the world. Igor glanced back to the moon again.

"Or perhaps not." He mused. Igor leaned forward, bringing his hands together over the desk he watched the world pass by below him. One content catching his eye, a strangely dragon shaped land. "After all, it's not often fate abandons a planet."

Igor watched for moments longer before the view from the front window shifted. A familiar forest coming into view, some may say where it all started. Igor smirked.

"Dead worlds have little value to fate it would seem."

______________________________

Lavenza frowned at the rose plated compendium. Unlike the trickster's compendium she couldn't recall not having the book other than when it had been used as a lock. The familiar look and feel of the book couldn't make up for the drastic loss in weight. She ran her fingers over the cover with a frown.

Attendants may not always know who they would preside over but Lavenza had held the book for longer than she'd known about the trickster. It was an oddity to her, having never understood quite why she held it. Every attendant had a compendium, usually linked to the current guest, sometimes a guest had their own compendium. Those compendium never existed prior to the event needing them, so why did she have this one?