Chapter 31: Spring and Fall, Truth

Raven watched as team RWBY fell out of the sky. Moments later she saw the four on the ground after a wall of elemental energy dissipated. Raven glared at Cinder as she drew more power in. The woman sees an opening to try and end the fight.

"So you've decided." Raven heard a familiar voice in her head. A red and black swirled gem slowly forming at her side. "How can you teach them?"

"Another Oath of Valor" says Ozpin

"Oath of Valor?" asks Winter

"The method our alternate selves use to summon our personas" says Ruby as she gestures to her team

"The method I use is the seal of self" says Ilia

"An Harriet's method is the mask of rebellion" says Rex

"Only if they live." Raven growls and steps forward, her form twisting and her now fully formed wings carrying her across the clearing.

"They must live. They will be better, stronger, only if we stand today." Raven slammed a wall of ice up in front of her. She felt power rushing through her as she did so. "We will not fail them again."

"Spring." Cinder said. Raven scowls at Cinder.

"So the flame learns new tricks." Raven steps forward, over chunks of ice from her now destroyed wall. She felt the brief and light heat of the blue flames climbing along her legs and over her body. Raven's glare deepened and she felt the gem at her side shatter. "Too bad I can to. Artemis!"

The figure that rises behind her is terrifying in it's own way. A pair of giant nevermore wings spreading out from it's shoulders and a smaller pair of raven wings from it's back below the first pair. The figure's short pink hair shimmered with white light and a ritualistic dagger in hand. Cinder stared up at the figure.

"Wait, she was actually a member of oaks team" says Weiss

"Wait, I just realized something, that makes this third generation persona" says Ruby

"What do you mean sis?" asks Yang

"This worlds Oscar confirmed that the original maidens were persona users, Artemis, had a persona of the spring maiden, and now she's Ravens persona" says Ruby

"Huh, cool" says Yang

"How?" Cinder said, she stared up at the figure. She looked down at Raven, the spring maiden grinning as the power flooded her. Fire and lightning formed in her hands, power arcing over her body and igniting the ground around her. The few civilians around them rooted in place out of pure terror. "How do you keep doing it?"

Cinder rushed forward drawing her power out and slamming both hands together to let out a torrent of power. The flames and lightning bathing over Raven's form and hiding her from view even to her children behind her. Cinder let the attack slowly fade to reveal Artemis's wings wrapped around her body.

"How do you all keep gathering more power?" Cinder growled, more fire and lightning coalescing around her. "Every time I think I've gathered strength you just show up to throw it in my face. HOW!?"

"It's simple, Fall." Raven stepped forward, her hands erupting into towering inferno of power. Magical energy bleeding off her in waves. "We stopped running."

"I'm going to kill you." Cinder growled. The flames around her erupted into a blazing whirlwind of energy. Her flames leapt forward and pushed Raven back. Lightning arced out of the flames and slammed against the other woman. "I'm going to pour every ounce of power I have into ripping you and everyone like you apart."