Chapter 11: Legend of Gilded Blaze

Gilded Blaze, a Valian fairy tail and yet many believe it as truth. Some argue that there is no point to the tale, no lesson learned that was not prevalent in their society, nothing gained. Others argue that not all tales need a point, not all journey's teach a lesson, that sometimes the story itself is all that matters. Gilded Blaze grew up in a town that would later become the capital of Vale. She was known as an angry child, ready to fight anyone and everyone at the drop of a hat.

She was known for her love of fire and how often she fought others. Many would berate her for this tendency, either that a lady should do neither or that both caused unneeded strife and negativity. They claimed to be trying to prevent grimm attacks but the girl ignored their warnings. She took to the woods after a while, she would train her body day after day until one day someone challenged her to a fight. She punched him once and won. The village didn't like that.

Eventually after far more training, in secret as she'd been banned from such she noticed a growing populace of Ursa. Trying to warn the village proved fruitless as they wouldn't trust her word. With the village not trusting her she set out to take care of it herself. She hoarded fire dust and trained her body to perfection. One day travelers would offer the same warning that she had only she knew it to be far too late. On the eve of the impending invasion she set out to start her plot.

"Protecting the whole village, that's incredible" said Jaune

She did not do it for the village, she did it for her family. The village had proven their lack of worth to her but someone had to protect her family. She set out and waited, watching as the Ursa approached. She watched as the border guard raced back to town to warn everyone and she acted. By the time the guard arrived she'd already set her trap. The guard watched as she stepped back into the woods and a wall of fire erupted between them and her.

"Protecting her family, that really does sound like Yang" said Ruby

Legends say the fight lasted hours. She beat every invading Ursa into the ground with her bare hands and what appeared to be a golden knife flirting in the fire light. When they finally reached her she looked like a ball of golden yellow flame as she continued to beat the grimm down. She refused to leave until every last Ursa was dead and chased after one into the woods.

"Wow" said Nora

That was the last people saw of her. To them she was a demon, a ball of gilded fire chasing through the woods like a wild blaze would. She hunted the Ursa down and eradicated every last one she found. Stories all over the world make mention of her but no connection was ever confirmed.

Sometimes the greatest hero is not the one fighting for everyone but rather the one simply fighting for their family.

"Sounds like me alright" said Yang

"Alright, Let's continue with the story."