Pregnancy #2 pt. 4-Bucky Barnes

At seven am that same morning, doctor Cho had gotten to the compound with two nurses and two other doctors. Helen had taken a look at Y/N who, understandably was exhausted. Bucky was also exhausted but he couldn't show it; he had to be strong for Y/N and Daisy. Young Daisy didn't understand what was going on. Wanda and Pietro tried their best to keep the little ones busy while the grown-ups were busy with things they didn't understand. They also tried their best to stick to the schedules the parents had set for their children. Tony and Pepper had schooling for Morgan, while Daisy was far too young to be in school yet.

So while Morgan was with her private teacher, Daisy was with Wanda and Pietro, tiring the superhuman twins out. "Daisy calm down! Let's have some lunch now! Then take a nap." Wanda said, whispering the last part to herself. Daisy was bouncing up and down, hyper for some reason Wanda and Pietro couldn't fathom. The twins just hoped the young girl would go down for a nap so they could also take one...

~~~~~

Helen checked Y/N's I.V. drip again, looking over the machines that were sounding a steady beep in time with her heartbeat and breathing. The doctor looked over to Bucky, smiling softly at him before saying anything. "She's doing good for the time being. The baby doesn't seem to be under any stress at the moment but it's hard to say if the baby could start to become stressed out at some point. One of the medications in her I.V is to slow, hopefully stopping labor before it progresses too much. She doesn't seem to be in any pain right now and hopefully it will stay that way. If I can get her blood pressure to come down, she should be able to leave and go back to your room." She finished saying to Bucky. He said a quiet thank you to the doctor before grabbing Y/N's small hand in his large one. He rubbed his thumb up and down her hand. A silent tear rolled down Bucky's face at the thought of possibly losing his wife or the baby, or possibly both. He didn't think he would be able to raise Daisy and a baby on his own if Y/N passed away or even both. He couldn't imagine raising Daisy without her mother. He would fall apart quickly without the love of his life by his side.

A silent tear fell from Bucky's ocean blue eyes. He quickly wiped the tear away with his metal hand. No, he couldn't cry. He has to be strong. If not for himself, for Y/N and Daisy and their unborn child.

Stay strong James Buchanan Barnes