Proposal-Bucky Barnes {E}

Edited

You looked at yourself one last time before you heard a knock on the door. You knew it was your boyfriend Bucky Barnes. Tonight was your first date night since the war with Thanos. You had finally healed all your wounds from the fight and you were happy to be back with Bucky. The only evidence of a fight was the rather large walking boot on your foot. Your foot had been broken in the fight and you were still letting it heal.

You opened the door to see Bucky standing in a navy blue suit with a black button-down shirt. His hair was pushed back so it was out of his face. He was holding a bouquet of a dozen orange roses. He smiles at you handing you the roses. He steps into your room, letting you put the roses in a vase before saying anything.

"You look beautiful Y/N. Absolutely stunning." He said, making you blush. You wore a navy blue dress to match his suit. (Pre-planned of course!) It had thin straps and a high neckline. It was plain navy blue but it was beautiful. It came to just a little below your knees. You had a pair of flats that matched the dress. Your makeup was light, just the way you knew Buck liked it. Your hair was down and curled.

"Thank you. You look very handsome yourself." You say to Bucky. He smiles at you, taking your hand in his.

~~~~~

You sat at dinner, across from Bucky. You had had a glass of wine, him having a beer. You were both now having water. You ate your food while talking with Bucky about what happened after the first snap. You didn't like talking about it but Bucky wanted to know. So you talked about it.

After dinner, Bucky took you for a walk by your favorite pond in New York. You stood for a while, your head was on Bucky's shoulder as he rubbed your back.

"Y/N, I have something to ask you. I've known you for a few years now and I've loved you every second since I met you. I remember you were so quiet when you came to Wakanda for healing and training. You were so cute and small. Now look at you. You're one of the best and strongest Avengers on the team. And I couldn't be more proud of you. This is why I'm doing this right now." He said. He got down on one knee, making your hand shoot to your mouth. Tears filled your eyes.

"Y/F/N, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" He asked. You nodded your head violently saying yes. He let out a breath and then slid the beautiful diamond ring onto your finger. He stood up, as you put your hands on either side of his face. You press your lips to his, smiling in the kiss.

"I love you, baby."

"I love you."

Hey guys! So for this short block of One Shots, Steve never left like we wanted! He's not old, well, he is but you know what I mean. So Steve with be in the next one to continue this little story. Thanks for reading!! Love yall!!