Mission Gone Wrong-Steve Rogers {E}

Rewrite

Steve, Bucky, Natasha, Wanda, and Y/N stood on one side of the field, Hydra on the opposite side, staring each other down. Bucky and Y/N had their rifles down and relaxed, their fingers resting just above the trigger guard, ready to pull it anytime. "If you would just give us the Winter Soldier, we will be on our way without any bloodshed. It's as easy as that, Captain." The Hydra agent said in a Russian accent.

"No, we're good," Steve says in a snarky voice. Y/N watched behind the commander at the many men that stood behind him, all of them holding weapons of their own choosing. One man behind the small man in charge shouldered his rifle, looking down the scope. Y/N pushed Steve out of the way of the man's rifle, flicking her finger and shooting the man in the middle of the forehead. A sting spread its way through Y/N's side, her hand shooting to the sight. She pulled her tiny hand back to see blood covering her palm. The hail of gunfire was met with only more bullets, many finding their way into the Hydra agents' bodies, one embedding itself into the tiny commander's skull.

The men started to flee, seeing the man they called their boss fall to the ground, a single drop of blood trickling down his forehead. When everyone was gone, Steve grabbed Y/N by the arm, dragging her to the quin jet that awaited them.

"What the hell was that Y/N?" Steve asked in a raised, angry voice.

"What was what? That I pushed you out of the way to shoot that guy?" Y/N asked back with the same tone, Steve nodding his head in return."Yeah, no need to thank me for saving your ass." 

"That wasn't 'saving my ass' out there, that was being trigger happy and stupid Y/N. You could have gotten us killed out there with your stupidity!" Steve yelled back at her.

"Oh so now I'm stupid because I was actually watching the people around us and decided it would probably be a good idea if the Captain wasn't killed? Alright, we'll go with that then!"

"I had everything under control out there. You know if I got hurt it wouldn't take me more than a few days to recover unlike you now, since you were shot, we just lost a member of the team for at least a month now. Damn it Y/N! You could've gotten yourself killed out there and you didn't even think of how that would affect me let alone the rest of the team!" Steve yelled as he started to pace back and forth in the jet.

"Look, I saw the guy shoulder his rifle so I did what any soldier would do for any of their teammates and I put myself in the line of fire to save the other person's ass. I don't know how they did it back then but that's how we do things now in the army."

"Thank you. For saving me." Steve finally said after some time of neither of the two talking. Y/N only nodded her head as she walked to Steve, putting her face into his clothed chest. Steve's hand went around her without hesitation, hugging her to him as tight as he could without hurting her even more. When the pair pulled apart, a kiss was shared and they went on their way back to the compound.