The Wedding-Bucky Barnes {E}

(A/N let's pretend that Tony and Nat didn't die for the sake of the storyline!)
Edited

July 23rd, 2024

Today was the day. Today was the day you would marry your best friend. You stood in front of the mirror looking at yourself. 

Your dress was long-sleeved with a low neckline. It came to just below the valley of your breast. The top was plain silk while the bottom had a layer of lace over the top of it. It had a slight train on the bottom. The back came down to just about the middle of your back where it met with the buttons. When you saw the dress you knew it was the one. You fell in love with it when you tried it on.

Your hair was in a mermaid braid with flowers placed in different parts of the braid

Your hair was in a mermaid braid with flowers placed in different parts of the braid. It laid over your shoulder just perfect so Bucky could see it.

 It laid over your shoulder just perfect so Bucky could see it

Your makeup was light, as Bucky and you wanted it. He said it would show off your natural beauty. You had on lush, full fake lashes but they looked beautiful.

A knock on the door brought you out of your thoughts as Steve walked into the room. He smiled at you before saying,

"You love stunning Y/N. Bucky is going to fall in love all over again." Steve would be walking you down the aisle since your parents were long gone. Steve was your best friend so you were more than happy he would be walking you down the aisle. He was also Bucky's best man. You had figured out a way for him to walk you down the aisle and still stand behind Buck as you got married.

"You know, I always thought I would be the first one getting married, not Bucky." Steve laughed. You laugh along with him agreeing.

"I think it's about time. Are you ready to be a married woman?" 

"Yeah. I've waited a long time for this day." You say with a smile. You grab your bouquet, linking your arm with Steve.

You stand at the back of the line as Bucky walks into the room. Next was Thor and Carol, Tony and Pepper, Sam and Natasha, and finally Wanda as your maid of honor. The doors closed as you took a deep breath, hearing the music start. The doors open to show you the wedding party. Bucky stood at the front of the room. You looked at him as he smiled at you.

He wore a black suit with a black tie. His hair was in a quiff and he had a slight beard. He had cut his hair since the proposal and it looked good. He couldn't stop smiling but you loved his smile.

Steve kissed your cheek before hugging Bucky standing behind him.

"Today, we are here to see the joining of two wonderful people. These two have been through a lot as a couple but nothing can ruin their love for each other. I believe you have written your own vows? Why don't we start with James."

"Y/N, my love, my other half. I've been through a lot in my life, some things I'm not proud of but you have always been there for me. I honestly didn't think I would ever get married but here we are. I didn't think that anyone could ever love me because of everything I have done and been through, but I found you. Because of you, I laugh, I smile and I dare to dream more than I ever have. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me, you keep me sane and you keep me happy. I promise to never hurt you, always put you and our future kids first, to always make sure you're happy. I most of all promise to love you long after I take my last breath. I love you more than you, or anyone here will ever know."

"And Y/N?"

"Well, I don't know if I can top that but I'll try." You say, earning a laugh from everyone in the room.

"James, when we found each other, we were both very broken, but I now know that two broken halves make a whole. You saved my life in more than one way. I can never thank you for that, and I'm sure my parents are thanking you as well. I can't promise that the dark clouds will clear from over our heads, I can't promise every day of our lives together will be full of bliss and fun, but I can promise that I will make those grey days a little less dark and the hard days a little easier. I promise to never stop loving you. I promise you will always have my loyalty and patience. I love you more than anything in this world."

"Can we have the rings please?" The pastor asked. Steve handed him the rings as he said, "Do you Y/F/N take James Buchanan Barnes as your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poor, in sickness and in health, til death do you part?"

"I do."

"And do you James Buchanan Barnes take Y/F/N as your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poor, in sickness and in health, til death do you part?"

"I do."

"Then by the power vested in me, and by the state of New York, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride!" Bucky pulled you to him, pressing his lips to yours. Your hands went to either side of his face before you broke the kiss.

"I now pronounce to you Mr. and Mrs. James Buchanan Barnes!" The pastor said. You grabbed Bucky's hand as you walked down the aisle to go to the reception.