Part Six

You groaned, sitting up in your bed. The second you sat up, you began to have a coughing fit.

"Oh god. (Y/N)!" your mom exclaimed, running to you.

"M-Mom, I'm fine." you coughed.

"No, you're not! How did it get in?!" your mom yelled.

"Mom, really. My throat just hurts a bit," you said, your voice was scratchy.

"The alpha could've killed you," your mother's voice was shaky.

"And it didn't." you put your hand on your cheek, feeling the scar.

"God! O-Okay I'll call Derek." your mom started getting her phone out.

"What? No!" you stopped her.

"Why not?" she asked.

"What are you gonna tell him? Oh, the alpha was in our house and my dumbass let it escape?" you said, disappointed in yourself.

"(Y/N), that wasn't your fault...." your mom started.

"Just, save it. I'm going to school." you got out of bed, looking at yourself in the mirror.

There was a reddish-brown scar on your cheek, and there were bruise marks on your neck.

You groaned, finding a shirt with a turtleneck. It was hard enough to explain the scar, but you didn't know what to say about the bruises.

-----

"What the hell happened to your face?!" Isaac exclaimed, looking at you worried.

"I was being clumsy, same old story as usual. Oh my god, what happened to your eye?!" you looked at his purple bruised eye.

"N-Nothing," he said quickly.

You could tell he was lying. But then, so were you.

"You know you can talk to me if anything's wrong? You can tell me anything," you said.

"I know. Thanks (Y/N)." he smiled at you.

"Of course,"

----

"Why are we throwing tennis balls at Scott?" you asked, walking to Stiles.

"Well, we're trying to.... what the hell? Are you okay?" Stiles looked at your scar.

"I'm fine. It was just me being clumsy," you said.

"(Y/N), I can hear your heart. What really happened?" Scott asked you.

"Fine. It was the alpha. But you can't tell Derek." you warned them.

"What? The alpha? Are you okay?!" Stiles exclaimed.

"What? I saw the alpha last night too." Scott said.

"What? What happened?" you exclaimed.

"Nothing. He just came up to my car and drew a spiral. In the condensation." Scott said.

"A spiral?" you asked.

"Y-Yeah. That's the same reaction that Derek had...." Scott said.

"Oh. Okay," you said. You could feel your cut stinging.

"Are you okay?" Stiles asked you.

"I'm fine. It doesn't hurt that much." you lied. If it wasn't the scar causing you pain, it was the bruises.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Scott asked.

"I'm fine. Now why are we throwing these at Scott?" you asked, picking up a tennis ball.