Part Fourty

You sat on your bed nervously, piles of books surrounding you. You missed too many of your college classes to try anymore, making a final decision to drop out. You skipped too many days and classes and hadn't shown up for nearly three weeks.

You found a lot of time on your hands, deciding to use the day to research about demons and try to find out more about the thing that attacked Isaac last night. You opened your windows, using the sunlight instead of your lights, seeing as all of Beacon Hills lost power. You blamed Stiles, he must've done something.

You heard someone knocking on your door, a bit surprised. Everyone seemed to barge in, it was nice to see someone had manners.

"Derek, hey," you opened the door, smiling nervously.

"Hey," you moved aside, letting him in.

"So, the power's still out?" he asked.

"Ten dollars that Stiles did it," you raised an eyebrow.

He laughed softly, kissing your forehead as the two of you made your way to your bed.

"What are you reading?" he asked, picking up a book.

"Everything I can about demons. And trying to find more about that thing that attacked Isaac last night. All I know is that they were wearing black robes, and had masks," you ran your fingers through your hair as you sat on the bed.

"Need any help?" he asked.

"Yes... no... I don't know. Did you know that there are three types of demons?" you opened a book as he leaned his head on your shoulder, standing behind you.

"Humans become demons when they go to hell, they get tortured until they decide to turn off all their feelings and emotions and give in, demons are created, by... well, the devil, and then, in extremely rare cases, a witch dies, comes back, kills twice," you sighed deeply.

"Well, I think you need a break," he wrapped his arms around your waist as he kissed your shoulder softly.

"No, I don't need a break, I need to figure out how to stop myself from becoming a demon," you shook your head.

"I'm serious. Did you even go to sleep last night?" he asked you.

You looked down, shaking your head.

"When was the last time you slept?" he asked.

"Either you can leave, or you can help me do some research," you replied, sitting on your bed.

"Fine. But only if you come out with me tonight," he said.

"What? No, Derek-" you started, frowning.

"It's Halloween. I'm taking you out tonight," he interrupted.

You nodded your head, grabbing another book as you laid back.

---

After researching a copious amount of time, the two of you decided to take a break, not learning much.

You read something about a group of hunters who attempted to cure a demon, reverting it back to its natural self, but it was never officially proven to work, but maybe it was the start of something.

You looked at Derek, while he sat down across from you, holding a book as he bit on the tip of a pen, reading.

Something felt different. For once, you felt like the two of you might actually have a chance to work, thinking back to your many failed attempts.

He was different, seemingly more laid back than usual, staying calmer. You feel like you've changed, the past few months seem like years and years.