Part Fifty

Scott held onto Derek's body, as you pulled into the parking lot of Deaton's office.

The group of you entered, laying Derek on the table as you looked at him nervously, holding his hand.

"We just found him like this," Stiles started.

"Please tell me you know what's going on," you begged.

"I'm not sure I do. How did you find him?" Deaton asked.

"He was buried under an Aztec temple in Mexico, covered in Wolfsbane," you sighed.

"Well, I think we'll only learn more once he wakes up," Deaton started.

"He's shivering," you pointed out.

"Then we'll get him some blankets. Here is the safest place for him. The rest of you should go home and get some rest. It is a school night, after all," Deaton said to Scott, Stiles, and Lydia.

"Are you sure you'll be fine here?" Scott turned to you.

"Why wouldn't I be?" you raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I'll stay here with (Y/N) and Deaton," Lydia said, standing next to you.

"Yeah, no," Stiles protested.

"Stiles, Scott, go home," you said.

"Call me if anything happens?" Scott asked.

You nodded your head, before turning away. You could hear Stiles' protests while Scott pulled him away, taking him home.

"What are you thinking about?" Lydia asked you.

"I don't know. But nothing good can come of this," you sighed, leaning on the table while you continued to look at Derek, stroking his hair softly.

Lydia rested her head on your shoulder, trying to comfort you as you wrapped your other arm around her.

"Thanks for staying with me," you smiled softly.

"Well, what are friends for?"

---
Lydia fell asleep on your shoulder, as the two of you sat on a small bench. You continued looking at Derek, letting your mind drift off.

The two of you walked in the woods, while Derek held his hand over your eyes.

"Surprise," he removed his hands, revealing some string lights set up around the trees, with a tent in the middle. You gasped slightly, turning to him.

"What's all this for?" you asked softly.

"I know that things are getting worse with the alpha pack and with Erica and Boyd missing," he started, before stroking your cheek softly.

"I just wanted us to have a small night away from my loft. Maybe take your mind off things," he explained.

You laughed softly, wrapping your arms around his waist.

"Thank you for this," you sniffled softly, burying your head into his chest.

"Things are gonna get better, (Y/N/N), you just have to believe it will," Derek whispered.

You nodded softly, looking up at him.

"I love you, Hale," you said.

"Love you too, (Y/N/N)."

You wiped away the tear from your eye. This could be reversible, possibly. Derek will wake up, and you needed to try and focus on that instead of the other possibility.