Part Thirteen

You stirred slightly, feeling movement from the other side of your bed as you opened your eyes, glancing at the clock. It was 3 in the morning. You turned, watching as Derek put his jacket on.

"Where are you going?" you asked softly.

"I'll see you a little later, don't worry about it," he replied softly.

"Wait-"

"Bye."

As you tried to speak, he grabbed the rest of his belongings before walking out of your apartment.

---

You laid on your side, slightly frustrated, feeling your chest aching, along with your body. Something was wrong, whether it was Derek or stress from Chris now knowing your secret. Possibly even your dad texting you, after all that time.

Derek began to ignore you, you never talked to Chris, only Allison. Any text or call you would send Derek wouldn't go through. You were worried, feeling a pit in your stomach. You made a mistake that night and you would take it back if you could.

You sighed deeply, before pushing yourself up, grabbing some form of clothing that you could wear at school, along with a cup of coffee. You checked your phone once more, hoping to see a message from Derek. There wasn't anything. You put your phone in your pocket, walking out of your apartment.

---

"Stiles, get up," you put your hands on his shoulder, shaking him fiercely in an attempt to wake him up. It didn't work.

"You're dirty," he laughed, sleep-talking.

You rolled your eyes, before noticing a small cup of water on the table next to you.

"Stiles, last chance to get up," you muttered, getting no response.

"Okay then," you poured the water on his face, as he shouted and jumped up.

"Good morning, Mr.Stilinski, how was your sleep?" you teased.

"You're a horrible person," he wiped his face before you handed him a napkin.

"Get up, we have to get to school," you said.

"What? Oh, I'm not going to school. I'm staying here with Lydia," he shrugged.

"Stiles," you sighed.

"(Y/N), you don't understand. I love her," he looked up at you.

"I know you do. But, Stiles, she didn't even know you existed until a few weeks ago. She'll be here while you're at school. And, your dad has his men just around the corner. She'll be okay," you put your hand on his shoulder, giving him a look.

"Fine, but I'm coming straight here after school," he said.

"Okay, now let's go. We're gonna be late," you wrapped your arm around his shoulder, heading out of the hospital.

"How come you haven't hung out with Derek in some time?" Stiles asked, sitting in your car.

You tensed slightly, before frowning.

"What do you mean?" you asked.

"Like, these past few weeks, you've been hanging out with me or Scott, or Allison, and not with him. I was just curious," he said.

"I haven't seen him since he became an alpha," you sighed, thinking back.

"Why not?"

"I don't know, I don't really need to keep tabs on him at all times," you shook your head before hearing your phone buzzing.