Part Fifty-Seven

"You've been so focused on me you're not even realizing what's going on with you!" you ran your fingers through your hair, letting out a soft sigh.

You felt sick again in the next few hours, unable to hide it from Derek as he stood across from you.

"Can we not do this right now?" you felt exhausted as you walked out of the bathroom, only for Derek to stop you once again.

"How long has this been going on?!" he asked.

"Not for too long, like 3 or 4 days," you shrugged.

"Why are you... You do realize that you can't get sick, right? What if you're dying?! What if this thing that Kate did to me is affecting you?!" his face softened into a more worried look as he took a step back from you.

"I just killed you," he shook his head.

"What? No, Derek, I am not dying! Look, it honestly isn't that bad. I just feel a little sick once or twice a day. If anything, I'm getting stronger," you tried to calm him down as he frowned.

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

"Well, I healed, actually," you started.

You could see Derek's worry grow as he paced around the loft before you put your hand on his shoulder.

"What if somehow you're turning into a werewolf again?" Derek asked.

"It's not possible. Look, when that witch took my powers, it took everything from me. I'm not turning into a wolf," you shook your head.

"Are you sure about that? I mean, in a world where I can lose my powers...You can't be sure," he shook his head.

"Derek," you sighed.

"Tell me that being worried, or thinking I infected you, or thinking that you're turning is unreasonable, and prove it to me," he crossed his arms.

He tried to cover his worry with anger.

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you, okay? But, you need to just take a breath. I am fine. If something happens and I'm not fine then I will let you know, okay?" you stroked his cheek softly as he clenched his jaw, before sighing.

He closed his eyes, nodding softly as you kissed his cheek. He wrapped his arms around you tightly, lifting you slightly as you buried your head into his neck, pressing another kiss to his neck.

You heard a knock on the door as you looked up, rolling your eyes.

"Why does everyone decide to bother us in the middle of the night," you groaned.

"Well, children need their mothers," he shrugged, before giving a small smirk.

You shoved him gently, going to open the door, only to see Lydia, Scott, and Parrish in front of you.

"Uhm, is everything all right?" you frowned.

"No, actually. Can we come in?"

---
"You seem normal to me," you continued to scan Parrish's body, along with his hands, hair, and nails.

"That's because I am. He lit me on fire, and somehow, I'm completely normal," he explained.

"Even your nails and hair grew back," you noticed.

"What do you think that means?" you turned to Derek.

"He's not a wolf. I mean, setting one of us on fire would definitely kill one of us," Derek replied.

"Witch?" Scott suggested.

"If he was a witch, I would feel him. And the fire would have killed him," you raised an eyebrow.