Part Twenty-Seven

"This is a bad idea," you heard Isaac talking to himself as he paced around Derek's loft, while you followed behind Derek.

"You're not giving me an actual reason," you groaned.

You ran behind Derek, as he kept walking, not facing you before walking down the stairs to Isaac.

"No is an actual reason," he replied.

If Isaac couldn't remember anything, it only made sense for you to do a spell to jog his memory, or for you to look into his head.

It made sense to all except Derek.

He insisted that it'd be Peter to look into Isaac's head.

"Derek, stop. I'm serious. I hate him, I don't trust him, he's an asshole, have I mentioned I hate him?" you ran down the stairs, trailing Derek.

"No one likes him," Derek sighed.

"Why can't (Y/N) do this?" Isaac asked.

You crossed your arms, looking at Derek as you leaned against the table.

"No. End of discussion," Derek glared at the two of you as you rolled your eyes.

Why doesn't he trust me?

"I hate him," you said.

"Everyone does," Derek replied.

"You know, coming back from the dead left a few of my abilities somewhat impaired, but my hearing still works fine. So, whatever you have to say, I hope you're comfortable saying it to my face," you heard Peter's annoying voice as he opened the door, walking towards the three of you.

"We don't like you," you spat, glaring at him.

"Now shut up and help us."

---

"I do suggest you calm and relax a little, trust me," Peter started.

Isaac sat on a chair next to Derek while you paced around, still unable to trust Peter.

Peter's eyes flashed blue as he dug his claws into Isaac's neck, while Isaac jumped up. Peter wrapped his other arm around Isaac's neck, in an attempt to keep him still as Isaac yelped in pain.

Your eyes widened, running to Isaac before Derek pulled you back.

"No," he shook his head.

You continued looking at Isaac and Peter, watching as the two of them struggled.

Peter gasped loudly, jumping away from Isaac while Isaac wrapped his hand around his neck, rubbing the wound.

You put your arm on Isaac's shoulder as he looked up at you.

"You okay?" you asked him.

"Yeah, nothing like a psychopath sticking his nails into my neck to brighten my morning," Isaac said sarcastically.

You laughed softly, patting his shoulder before looking back at Peter.

"Did you see anything?" Derek asked.

"He found them," you tensed, hearing those words come out of Peter's mouth.

"He saw them?" you said.

"I mean, I didn't see much, glimpses really," Peter said, facing away from you and Derek.

"Okay, but you did see them, right?" Derek asked.

"Worse," you felt your face dropped as you took a deep breath.

"Deucalion," you answered softly.