Part Twenty-Nine

"Okay, no. There was like two cents in it," you crossed your arms as you sat across from Cora, the two of you sat on the table in the kitchen.

"There was like a good 20 dollars in it, c'mon," she raised her eyebrow, giving you a look.

The two of you were currently arguing about a mini time capsule that the two of you made. Except, instead of burying it in a backyard, you left it in the old Hale house, both of you forgot to bury it somewhere.

Ever since Cora had come back, the two of you were inseparable, spending every second you could with each other. It felt amazing to have your best friend back and to temporarily forget about all the problems going on.

"There were two pennies in it. We found it on the sidewalk and put it in there!" you exclaimed.

"No, I stole Derek's allowance and put it in there. I wouldn't forget that," Cora shook her head as you rolled your eyes.

"Morning," you called as Isaac walked into the kitchen, giving a more angered expression to you and Cora.

"I would like to thank the two of you for keeping everyone up all night," he said sarcastically as he sat next to you.

"You don't need sleep, Isaac," you sighed.

"But I need me time. I need peace and quiet time," he continued to glare as you scoffed.

"Okay then, sourwolf. I have to get to school anyway," you said, turning your focus back to Cora.

"And I need to go train," she said.

"Train? You should rest," you raised an eyebrow.

"I'm fine," she replied.

You shook your head, grabbing your bag before hesitating.

"Have you seen Derek?" you asked.

"He left in the morning," Isaac shrugged.

"Oh," you replied, a bit shocked at not knowing.

Was Cora coming back making this weird between you and Derek? Most definitely.

"So, what's the deal between you and Derek anyway?" Cora asked.

"Uhm, well," you paused, unsure of what to say.

"Dude, you don't have to act weird. You two were dating before I came back, and honestly, I'm happy for the two of you. I mean, it's not like you would end up with anyone else," your mouth dropped as you looked at Cora.

"What's that supposed to mean?" you exclaimed.

"What do you mean, what do I mean? (Y/N), guys are scared of you," Cora said.

"I'm not scary," you gasped.

"Yeah, you are," Isaac interrupted.

"Shut up, Isaac," you rolled your eyes.

"So, wait, you're okay with us being together?" you asked Cora hesitantly.

"Yeah, just do me a favor and don't tell me about the sex or anything sex-related. Deal?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, sure, 100 percent," you shook your head, smiling at her.

"Okay, well, I'm going to change, see you later," Cora waved as she walked away.

"I bet you're happy," Isaac leaned against the counter, looking up at you.

"No shit, Sherlock. I'm just happy to have her back," you ran your fingers through your hair.