Part Fourty-One

"Are you sure you don't need me to go with you?" you turned to Chris once again.

"I'm 100 percent sure. I have Isaac and Allison. Everything's going to work out," he replied.

"I should've come with you yesterday," you sighed.

"I was the one who told you to stay here. I made a decision to go alone and I take responsibility for my actions. Don't try to blame yourself for this," he put his hand on your shoulder.

"I'm sorry," you shook your head.

He wrapped his arms around you, holding you tightly as you bit your lip.

"Don't think about him. Go home and get some rest," he replied softly.

You nodded, closing your eyes as you held in a cry.

"Oh my god, you're okay," Derek ran to you as you entered the loft, wrapping his arms around you.

"Crap. Sorry, I forgot to, uhm text you," you shook your head.

"It's okay. What happened?" he asked.

"It's a long story, I'll tell you later, okay? Let's... I need to get to Beacon Hills High. Stiles needs me for something," you said.

"Hey," he frowned, stroking your cheek softly.

"I'll see you later," you pulled away from him, leaving the loft.

---

You made your way to Beacon Hills High, your mind still traveling back to the previous night, filling your mind with insecurities. Chris lied to you, trying to spare your feelings. Your mom said that things only fell apart after you were born because he didn't like being tied down, he just didn't want to be tied down to you. He wanted a family, but not with you. He had a wife and kids, and you widowed someone and orphaned two kids. Because you couldn't control your powers.

You gripped the steering wheel tighter, your eyes watering as you tried to control your breathing.

You slammed the breaks, seeing Stiles walking next to you.

"Stiles?" you rolled the window down.

"Oh, hey," he replied.

You immediately took notice of his pale skin, his eyes bags growing thicker, as his eyes were bloodshot.

"I thought... I was meeting you at the school," you said.

"Yeah, my car kind of broke down," he shrugged.

"Come in. What's going on?" you asked.

He sat down as his eyes watered, looking at you.

"I think I'm going crazy."

---

"Stiles," you started.

"J-Just look..." he pulled you into the Chemistry lab, before freezing.

You looked around, seeing nothing was there. You turned back to Stiles, looking at him.

"Okay, there was... the message on the board telling Barrow to go after Kira. Look, I-I'll prove it," he quickly stuck his hand in his pocket, looking at his keys.

You and Scott both gave a worried look to each other before looking back at Stiles, who was looking through his keys.

"I-I swear, there was an extra key. It was the key to the closet. Okay, I-I wrote the message on the board to tell Barrow to go after Kira. I-I led him into the closet to hide," Stiles started, pacing around nervously as your face softened for your friend.