Part Thirty-Nine

"Derek, what are you doing?" you felt his hands travel down your waist as he stood behind you.

"I missed you," he whispered.

He pressed his lips towards your neck as you closed your eyes softly, clenching your jaw.

Before you could protest, you felt your back hitting the wall, Derek's lips pressed against yours as he put his hands on your thighs, lifting you gently. You wrapped your legs around his waist as he began walking to his bed. He put his hand on your head, pulling it back roughly, pressing his lips on your neck.

You breathed heavily, closing your eyes as you held onto him tightly.

---

You opened your eyes, taking a deep breath as you jumped up, feeling your neck aching. You must have fallen asleep.

You sat on a chair, next to Derek's bed as he still laid there, unconscious.

Maybe he was really tired, and maybe that's the reason he didn't wake up.

You checked your phone, scrolling past the messages from everyone. It was nearly 7 AM, which had made about four hours since Derek collapsed.

Your mind thought back to your dream before you shook your head.

You'd be lying if you said you didn't miss him, that you didn't still love him, even after everything. But the pain you felt after he cheated on you, even after he said he didn't love you and he never did, it still hurt. You tried to ignore it for the most part. The two of you were doing just fine as friends for the past couple of weeks, before last night anyway.

You began to grow more worried, seeing Derek still asleep. You ran your fingers through his hair, looking down at him.

"(Y/N)?" his eyes were still closed as he said your name softly.

"Derek, I'm here," you frowned, holding his hand.

"What happened?" he opened his eyes, holding your hand before sitting up.

You sat next to him, stroking his hand softly.

"I don't know. You just collapsed. Are you okay?" you asked.

He nodded, rubbing his head.

"Headache?" you said.

He nodded again, as he massaged his head softly.

"I don't think drugs work on wolves," you said.

"Do you have any idea what happened?" you asked.

"No. Well, sort of. I've been blacking out since I healed Cora," he replied.

"Since you healed Cora? It's been weeks," you frowned.

"I'm aware. But I'm fine. I'll get through it," he said.

"That's not good," you shook your head.

"I'll be fine. Uhm, thanks for staying with me," he nodded.

You smiled softly as you heard Peter's voice, as the door opened.

"I didn't interrupt anything, did I?" his eyes motioned to Derek's bed then back at the two of you.

You let go of Derek's hand, inhaling deeply as you stood up.

"I'll see you later," you smiled softly, walking away.

---

You stood at the door, in front of the McCall's house. Your phone had died before you had a chance to text Isaac. You knew he was staying with Scott now.