Part Fourty-Five

You laid in your bed, holding onto your pillow as you buried yourself in a huge pile of blankets.

You'd been staying at Chris' house for a few days now, while he took you in with open arms. You hadn't left your room in days, your mind preoccupied with thoughts and nightmares. You looked back, looking at the empty bottles of different types of alcohol. You were no longer sober before 21.

"(Y/N)," you heard Chris knock at your door.

You stayed quiet, hearing him open the door.

"You can't stay in here for the rest of your life," he crossed his arms.

"I don't feel well," you muttered.

"Yeah? Was it the sixth bottle or the seventh? Seriously, kid, you need to get out of here," Chris said.

You sat up, giving him a look before he sighed.

"I know you're upset because of Derek, but-" he started.

"I don't care about Derek. What happened happened," you lied to yourself, before hearing him scoff.

"Sure, it's not like you've spent the past few days wearing his shirt. But aside from that, you can't spend all your time in a bottle. Go take a shower then come with me," he said.

"Where are you going?" you turned to him, frowning.

"We are going to the station. Stilinski needs us for something," he replied.

You sighed, closing the door behind Chris before going to get ready.

---

"What's that smell?" you got out of Chris' car, as he stood next to you, smelling your shirt.

"Are you drunk? Again? At this rate you'll be dead in a week," he whispered, pulling your arm.

The two of you stood at the door of the Sheriff's station.

"I'm not drunk, and if I die in a week then so be it," you shrugged.

"(Y/N), seriously. I'm worried about you. Hey," he put both his hands on your shoulders.

"Why? I mean, I don't care. I don't even care, that I don't care. I feel great," you smiled innocently.

"This isn't good for you, kid," he sighed.

"Whatever. Let's go, Stilinski said he needs us," you pulled away from him, making your way inside the station.

Your face dropped as you looked around, immediately spotting Derek.

Crap

"What are you doing here?" you frowned, hearing him ask the same thing.

"Noah called me," he said.

You nodded your head, pushing past him, walking to Noah's office.

You could feel your heart aching as you sniffled, running your fingers through your hair.

"Sober now?" Chris asked, standing next to you.

"Shut up," you scoffed, crossing your arms.

---

"I had Melissa send over Stiles' MRI, and my wife's..." he started.

You watched him pull out a file, seeing him slightly freeze.

You walked next to him, putting your hand on his shoulder before he handed you the files, with a small smile.

"They're exactly the same," he said.