Part Thirty-Two

You laid on your bed, gripping your pillow tightly as you wrapped yourself around it, holding it tightly. It had been 3 days.

"(Y/N)," Isaac sat next to you, laying down.

You didn't reply, laying there as your tears fell down your face.

"Come here," he wrapped his arms around you as he rubbed your back.

You stayed laying, not moving like you were numb, paralyzed.

"Cora's on her way here," he said softly.

"What?" you jumped up as you wiped your face.

"Good to know you can hear me. Cora's on her way," he shrugged.

"You told her?" you said softly.

"Yeah, of course, I did. She's your best friend," Isaac replied.

"Isaac, Derek's her brother. Why did you tell her?" you sniffled, burying your head in your arms.

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"Cora and Derek are all each other have left. Just because something happened doesn't mean that their relationship should be ruined," you started as you closed your eyes, laying on your bed once again.

"You're joking, right? He cheated on you, (Y/N). Why are you still trying to defend him?" Isaac said, standing in front of you.

You just shrugged, laying down in your bed.

Because it was my fault

You knew you kept pushing him, you kept starting fights for no reason, you couldn't even tell him you loved him. It was only a matter of time before something happened.

"Just don't tell anyone else, please," your voice was low as tears slipped down your face.

Your heart was in pain like it had been for the last few days. Everything was just one bad thing on top of another. You laid there as you thought back to Deucalion's words. What did he mean by not yet?

"Okay, I won't. I promise," he said softly.

"(Y/N)?" you heard Cora's voice as she entered your apartment, laying down next to you. You could hear her and Isaac whispering to each other while you turned your back to them.

"My brother's an idiot," she said, sitting next to you while she wrapped her arms around you.

"I know," you whispered, holding onto her tightly.

---

You could hear your phone ringing multiple times, as you ignored it, laying in bed. It looked like Isaac went out somewhere, while you stayed alone. You needed a break from him anyway, you loved him but he refused to leave your side for days.

It must be Stiles

You turned your phone off, closing your eyes as you sniffled.

A few minutes later, you jumped up, hearing knocking at your door.

You wanted to ignore it, but you chose against it as you sat up, walking to the door.

"Argent?" you asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You know, I've been calling you nonstop.... are you okay?" he asked, looking at you worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm fine. What is it?" you wiped your face as you sniffled.

"If you're sick, I'll leave," he said, still looking at you cautiously.

"I'm fine, witches don't get sick. What happened?" you asked.