Part Twenty-One

"Do you think this is going to work?" you asked Deaton, sitting on the counter at the vet.

"There's only one way to find out. But it should work, the question is, are you up for it?" he asked.

You went to Deaton for help, after Isaac told you about your eyes. He found out that you did still have powers, and that you could get your powers back by being so close to death that your powers would have to come out to save your life.

"We can always try an ice bath," he suggested.

"Isn't it dangerous?" you replied.

"There's nothing safe we can do to get your powers back. We can try and kill you, lure out your powers," Deaton explained.

I could die

The entire thing was high risk or high reward.

Or I'll get my powers back

You nodded softly, agreeing.

"Good. Scott is on his way with Derek," you tensed up, looking at Deaton.

"Why?" you immediately asked.

"You'll need a wolf to help keep your head underwater. I can't do it on my own," he shrugged.

"But why is Derek coming too?" you asked.

"You need someone that you share an emotional connection with to help lure you back in case things go wrong," he replied.

"That's dumb. Why couldn't Isaac do it? Or Scott?" you asked again.

"As close as you are with them, your connection with Derek is stronger, and they're both betas who haven't fully learned control yet. You'll need more than that," he said.

You let out a shaky exhale before nodding your head.

---

"You ready for this?" Isaac asked you.

You nodded, feeling nervousness in your veins.

"Okay, it's simple, all you have to do, is close your eyes and lay down," Deaton instructed.

"And try not to die," Isaac muttered.

"Isaac," you groaned, rolling your eyes.

You took a deep breath, looking at the bathtub in front of you, filled with ice and cold water. You took off your shoes, closing your eyes softly.

You glanced at Derek, before looking away.

You can do this

You shook your head, clearing your thoughts as you lifted your foot, placing it in the water as chills immediately went up your body. It was freezing.

You continued going in, taking a big breath before going underwater. You felt Derek's hands on your shoulders, keeping you down.

You kept your eyes closed, holding your breath. You could feel yourself getting lightheaded as you struggled to stay down.

This was a bad idea you tried calling out, only to consume water. You tried pulling Derek's hands off of you, trying to come out.

You heard Deaton's voice, saying something to them, but couldn't hear it.

Scott and Isaac put their hands on you, all three of them holding you down.

---

"This is a bad idea," Derek said, slightly frustrated.

"It's her choice, not yours," Scott said, raising an eyebrow. Derek felt you pulling on his arms, struggling.

"Isaac, Scott, help him," Deaton said.