Part Twenty-Six

You bit your lip nervously, staring down at your phone as you scrolled through the messages you sent to Isaac. Still no reply.

He had been gone for a week, trying to find Erica and Boyd

He had been gone for a week, trying to find Erica and Boyd. The same thing that you, Isaac, Peter, and Derek had been doing for two months. You came to a final conclusion that the Alpha Pack took them, but still had no idea where they were. Isaac said he had a lead almost a week ago and hasn't responded since.

"Hey," you jumped slightly as you heard Derek's voice, as he leaned on the table behind you.

"Hey, didn't see you come home," you sighed.

"What's wrong?" he asked. He walked to you, holding your face in his hands.

"Nothing, it's just Isaac," you said.

"Don't worry about him. He's okay," Derek said, attempting to comfort you.

But it was impossible to hide the empty feeling inside of you.

"He just hasn't checked in for a while," you replied.

"He said he found a lead, maybe he's just... undercover or something," Derek suggested.

"Maybe," you whispered.

"We should go to bed, it's getting late, and you're starting college tomorrow," Derek said.

"Yeah," your voice was barely a whisper as you turned your back to Derek, looking out the window.

"This isn't your fault, you didn't do anything wrong," Derek put his hand on your shoulder.

That's a lie

You were the one who told Erica and Boyd to run from the beginning, and now Isaac was possibly captured as well. You should've gone to help him, but Derek told you to stay at the loft with him.

Unfortunately for you, Erica and Boyd weren't the only problems in your mind. As the summer went on, you couldn't help but think about your mom, not that you told anyone. Without having a kanima, or a life-threatening situation to distract you, everything felt empty. Your mom was gone, she was dead.

"Hey, I'm serious. You've been hard on yourself all summer, nothing, and I mean nothing was your fault. You still saved them from Argent, remember that?" Derek said softly.

"You're right. We should go to sleep, it's getting late," you sniffled. He wrapped his arms around your waist, kissing you softly.

---

You groaned mentally as you heard your alarm go off. Nothing felt better than laying in bed lazily, even if you hadn't been able to fall asleep in a while.

You continued to lay still, your arm wrapped around Derek's stomach as you rested your head on his chest. You felt him move over, turning off your alarm. You sat up, looking at him as you raised an eyebrow.