Part Seventeen

"(Y/N)?" your dad walked into your apartment, seeing you on the ground.

"She's out," he said, motioning to someone to enter.

"Good, this will only take a minute," the witch said.

"What exactly is the point of this?" he asked.

"She's dangerous. I'm doing this to protect everyone, just like you agreed to do this to protect her," she replied.

"Just get it done with," he sighed.

She rolled her eyes as she started reciting the spell quietly.

"It's done," she nodded.

"Nothing happened," he replied, glaring at the woman.

"You can't always see magic. Now let's get out of here before she wakes up," she replied.

You stirred, head aching as you sat up.

"Who are you?" you groaned, looking up at the lady.

"Somnum," she said. Your eyes closed, as you once again fell back asleep.

---

"(Y/N)?" Derek stood outside your door, calling out to you.

There was no reply.

"I got your voicemail, what's going on?" he yelled.

Still, no reply.

"I'm coming in," he said softly. His claws appeared, as he quickly tried to pick the lock.

He pushed open the door, walking in.

"(Y/N)?" as he walked in, you quickly grabbed a book, hitting him in the head.

"Ow! What the hell (Y/N)?!" he yelled.

"Did you kidnap me?! Who are you?!" you yelled.

"What?! No, what the hell happened?" he said.

"Do you know me?! I can't remember anything," you said shakily.

"Okay, first, put the book down. I'm your friend, okay?" he put his hands on in front of him as a motion to keep you away.

You nodded softly, putting it on the desk.

"Okay, what do you mean you can't remember anything?" he asked, standing in front of you.

"I don't know... I just woke up, right there," you pointed to your desk. Derek's eyes went wide as he noticed the blood spilled on the floor.

He quickly examined you, making sure you weren't bleeding.

"Okay, uhm, let's... you don't remember anything, like at all? Nothing?" he asked.

"I remember two people were leaving here, that's it," you remembered.

"What? Who?" he asked.

"I don't know. Some ancient man with some woman," you tried to remember.

"What?" Derek sighed before realizing.

"Yeah, is this the man?" Derek pulled out his phone, scrolling for a second before showing you a picture of your dad.

"Yeah, I think so. I didn't get a good look at his face," you replied.

Derek took a deep breath, clenching his teeth as he shook his head.

"Okay, right now, the important thing to remember is that your name is (Y/N), you're 18, and I'm your friend, Derek, okay?" he asked.

You nodded softly.